We decided to pay more for a better hotel in a desirable location and we definitely made the right choice. The hotel was just behind Dam square so very close to plenty of attractions with a tram stop just outside. In the evenings we could wander around central Amsterdam and there were plenty of places to eat and drink. Our room was small but comfortable with everything we needed, we were out all day and part of every evening so it was really only to wash and sleep in. The concierge staff and receptionists couldn't have been more helpful or polite and the breakfast spread was amazing with little changes every day. We ate our breakfast overlooking the rear of the Royal Palace. Our only issue was the room was a little warm for us even when we turned the heating right down but that would not stop us going there again in a flash.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam