We really liked this hotel because of the location and the fantastic view from our room. This was a superior room on the second floor overlooking the Nieuwe Kerk. Other rooms were smaller and with backyard view, so go for the superior if you want an extra touch to your stay. Hotell staff were very attentive, we received excellent service from Laura in reception. The hotel is literally on Dam square and near all major attractions. There are several tram stops outside the hotel so you can easyly get anywhere, including two direct lines to the Rijksmuseum. The breakfast buffet is expensive so we went to Mellys right on the other side of the street which was great. The hotel has a nice bar which is great for a glass of wine in the evening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam