Best hotel in Amsterdam! Came here over Christmas for our second visit to this hotel and will come back to this hotel each and every time we visit.
Brilliant location - so close to everything - walking distance to Rembrant Square, Leidsplein Square, Train station and located on Dam Square.
Best thing about this hotel is the staff! They are super friendly and so helpful! I wish I'd got the staff's names who checked us in as they were amazing! It was around 11am Christmas Eve - a guy and a girl. They were both so friendly and before we even asked, the girl got out a map and asked us where we wanted to go during our stay and she'd mark it on the map for us! Brilliant service!
I also love the rooms. Stayed in room 120 (wow) and room 603 (equally wow) this time. Both rooms amazing! Definitely worth upgrading from a standard room to an executive room! Room 120 has the benefit of an amazing massive bathroom with a jacuzzi!! Room 603, along with the other executive rooms, has the benefit of a massive flat screen tv at the end of the bed!
The hotel itself is really pretty too. Very peaceful and relaxing stay but close enough to go out for nightlife if wanted. If you're going out in heels, I'd suggest getting the tram (from right outside the hotel) to any of the other squares. Otherwise, it's only a 7 (approx) minute walk with some nice views along the way. Supermarket close by too. There's no point me telling you where everything is as the staff will help you with everything!
Would recommend hard rock cafe for food! Great value and amazing food there! Great atmosphere too!
Will hopefully be returning soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam