My wife and I stayed here for few nights over the weekend and our stay was made complete by the fantastic customer service - jugs of cold milk brought to our room for cups of tea, provision of travel adaptor plugs, and warm and welcoming staff.
The hotel is full of history, charm and the character of the old building has been well preserved and restored by the owners. Although our room was small, it was well equipped with a powerful shower, an adequate hair dryer and again, charming character. It did get very warm during the night but that's probably our own doing for not utilising the air conditioning.
The location of the hotel adjacent to Dam Square is ideal for exploring and is a ten minute walk down Damrak from Grand Central station.
Would recommend for a short exploring break such as our own. Pancakes! on Bernstadt is a must!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam