we returned from a 6 nights vacation in amserdam at the die port van cleve hotel.
there are no words to express our vacation. we were my husband and i with our 13 years old daugther.
the room was very big. the bathroom was also huge. the mirror was very specail with led lighting inside the mirror.
the room service was eficient. the royal palace and the church are opposite the hotel but we were like kings at the breakfast room. the breakfast had many kinds of fresh fruit, vegetables, several saussages, several chease, many kinds of rolls and bread, few kinds of coffee,. each table had a nice lamp and the staff.... so kind and helpfull and we spoke with karim, kay, and all of the others were so friendly.
the hotel can not be more better located than it is. one minitue walk and you are in dam sq and one min to the right and you have a food plaza supermaket with good prices and we took there water, apples ece.
i defintly recommend this hotel and come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam