I stayed in room 111 a single that was rather "tight" with a view across a short roof space to the next block just 6 metre away. I did see inside room 105 the other side of the corridor which was a twin over looking the street and looked much nicer.
The hotel has an older family feel about it for those travellers like me who do not like the large in personable international type hotel chains.
The room was clean, comfortable bed and the hotel communal areas were "cosy"
The breakfast there was adequate.
Centrally positioned it is in a great place to see the city. I took a transfer bus from the airport to the hotel. The bus normally has several stops at other hotels on the way and gives a great tour of the city on route. Cost one way Euro 16.50
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam