I booked this hotel through booking.com secret deals for an excellent price which was lesser than a 3* hotel. The room had a fixed window but overlooked Dam Square. It was summer but the AC was superb and felt as if it was winter ! I was very pleased with the way they had made up the bed & cushions.
The tram stop in just infornt of the entrance and railway station is 20 mins on foot. Plenty of restaurants, and stores around.
It has a lovely blue decor.the hotel offers a secure left luggage free of cost.rooms were as you will find in a 4*.was provided tea-coffee facilities in room which was a bonus.room also had a mini fridge.location -right behind Dam Square, royal palace. High standard free toiletries provided.
Highly recommended , dont miss staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam