Stayed here for our wedding anniversary. Great location literally steps away from Dam Square and the Royal Palace and a 10-15 minute walk from central station. We had a second floor room which was very quiet and what a fantastic comfy bed. Yes, as other reviewers have mentioned the room was a bit small but its a city centre hotel not a spa resort and hey there's a big exiting city out there !
We had booked room only and on check in were offered breakfast for 16 euro each per morning (normally 19 !!) which we declined as thought it was a bit expensive. There is a food plaza just yards away or if your really stuck, McDonalds ! We ate in the restaurant for lunch once which was quite nice though maybe a little expensive though in general that's how we found eating and drinking in Amsterdam.....expensive.
In summary, a great city exploring base, close to trains, tram stops right outside the door and steps away from Dam Square. If we're back in Amsterdam we will definitely stay here again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam