I was not impressed with my stay at this hotel.
As I searched for hotels before my trip, my main concern was to stay somewhere where I had my own private bathroom. (side note: hotel availability was very limited during the time I was going to be in Amsterdam for some reason, a lot of hotels were fully booked, and those that weren't were very pricey).
The room I had did have its own private bathroom, but it was definitely outdated. It felt like I was staying in the attic of a house. It had really low angled ceilings with tiny windows. The room also seemed really outdated, and the bed was incredibly uncomfortable.
There was an unpleasant smell in the hallway outside the room.
The location of the hotel was good: there was a lot in walking distance and I didn't feel unsafe.
The staff wasn't overly friendly, but they were pleasant enough.
I would look for other hotels if I returned to Amsterdam, but would stay here for a night or two if I needed to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam