1,097 results
All reviews rembrandt square great location tram stop sister hotel within walking distance central location restaurants and bars mini bar the air conditioning flower market noisy at night large windows main attractions city tax easy access decent hotel stayed here for nights
Reviewed July 21, 2018

You don't need to be an hotel guest to enjoy the great friday pop-up terrasse with BBQ this summer 2018! Perfect service, great outdoor place with cill area, good cocktails and fresh fruits, BBQ 6 courses (meat and fish) with a complimentary all you can eat salad and fruits bar: our girl's night out was perfect yesterday !

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends
BartvandenHauten, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Caransa, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2018

Dear Eg,

Wonderful to hear that you have enjoyed our Friday night BBQ at the Rembrandts summer balcony.
This is what we strive for and nice to see that we managed. We hope you have enjoyed the food, drink and of-course the summer vibes from our balcony.

We are there every Friday, see you again?
We are looking forward to it.

Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

Excellent location. The hotel is walking distance to all the tourist places in the city. There are many restaurants nearby. The tram station is right at the door of the hotel and two lines go to the central station. The rooms size is good, and there are well maintained. The service of the staff is very good.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Maria Laura E,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay with us.
I will share this with my team and we hope to see you again when travels bring you back to Amsterdam.

Reviewed July 19, 2018

My first ever time in Amsterdam this was booked as birthday treat from my boyfriend. We arrived at the hotel check in was very fast and very polite member of staff, The only down fall was we were in a Twin room so two single beds as a couple, We did notice blood on our bed sheets which we asked to be changed while we went out only to get told they would be cleaned anyways which was fair enough, we were out of our room the whole day and came back to bed sheets still not changed after asking so when we went out for night time we asked again and the lady on reception was very polite and when we came back they had been changed.
other then this slight problem we did enjoy our stay. I would recommend this hotel for location, it is very nosy trying to sleep but we did get in very late ourself so wasn't much of a problem for us. I think it was a lot of money for how basic our room was and also to come into dirty bedding.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
BartvandenHauten, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Caransa, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2018

Dear Lauren,

First and foremost, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing us for your stay at Amsterdam as well as for taking the time to send us your comments by reviewing us. We welcome all constructive feedback as it helps to get better. We will verify what could have happened on the day of your stay that could have caused this impression. These matters will be followed up and we will take corrective measures to ensure this experience is not repeated with future guests of the hotel. Please accept our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience this situation may have caused you. Thanks again for your comments and we hope you still have enjoyed your birthday weekend. We hope you will give us a second chance in the future.

Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel with my wife.apon arrival we were told they needed a £50 deposit from my card in case of damage.to be paid back on departure.on departure we were told they would need to pay it back on to my card.that was 3 weeks ago still no refund.if they steal £50 from every booking they are making a lot of stolen money.it was a bitter end to a nice holiday

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
BartvandenHauten, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Caransa, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2018

Dear Paul,

Thank you for giving your feedback regarding your stay with us.
As a hotel we always ask our guests a deposit of 50 euro's. This is for guarantee and it is just a block on your credit card. After you checked out you will received the money back, sometimes it took a few days but not that longer. We feel very sorry if its still not refund on your bank account. Please can you let us know by sending an email to the email address : fo.nhcaransa@nh-hotels.com.

Please contact us that we can solve this issue.

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

If you wish to stay in the heart of Amsterdam, NH Caransa offers the perfect spot. The tram line is just outside and the Rembrandtsplein area is a crowded corner with food and drinks all around. If you are a tourist and you don’t mind sleeping.
I know the city - I do business very often there and need a central accommodation. I know the noise levels of Rembrandtsplein, reason why I wrote the hotel just after my booking (almost 3 weeks earlier) and asked me to assign me a room on a quiet side. After all I’m there for business and need to get proper sleep.
The receptionist was a trainee - the time for checkin took more than expected and a few people were standing in line. The room I was given had fair grey curtains that would not blind at all the room, so light comes in at 5am. I mentioned this to the reception and my fear about having a no sleep night, due to the curtains and the position. I was told that I wouldn’t have any issue. Of course, the night came and so the noise and impossible to sleep. I got frustrated because of my request in advance they had been totally ignored. I was changed the room but obviously that looked like not a real concern. Shame, I tried the NH Caransa but I’ll definitely go back to the NH Schiller opposite there, where my requests have always been taken into charge and always had an additional attention from the staff.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
BartvandenHauten, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Caransa, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

Dear Leanor P,

First of all I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us in Amsterdam.
Unfortunately we didn't managed your expectations, we feel very sorry for this. I will discuss this with my team.
About the request for a room, we do our best but we can not always guarantee a preference for a room. This is due our availability.

We hope you consider to give us or another NH Hotel worldwide a second change.