1,100 results
All reviews rembrandt square great location tram stop sister hotel within walking distance central location restaurants and bars mini bar the air conditioning flower market noisy at night large windows main attractions city tax easy access decent hotel stayed here for nights
Reviewed June 16, 2018

Location is very good by the Rembrandt square. A lot of restaurants and pubs just outside the entrance. Great, helpful and friendly staff who had no problems at all with my different quieries. The room was ok, normal standard. Wifi worked very well.The last night of our stay we stayed at a hotel closer to the central station to save some time in the morning when heading to the airport. NH is about a 30 minutes nice walk from the station. The staff raises my grade from a 3 to a 4.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
BartvandenHauten, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Caransa, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2018

Dear Susanne K.

First of all I would like to thank you for sharing this wonderful review about your recent stay at NH Caransa.

We couldn;t be more thrilled to read that you have had such a great time and all your compliments regarding our staff, we very much appreciate it.

Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back in one of our NH hotels in the near future, we are already looking forward.

Best regards,
Floor Struik
Assistant Hotel Director

Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

I was here last week for a business trip. I found this hotel on tripadvisor and it looked nice. From the first day everything was fine. There's only one negative aspect to point out : bathrooms are not so much in line with the usual 4star level NH has.
Amazing breakfast on the terrace and just in front of the tram station. Highly recommended even if the price was terribly high.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business
BartvandenHauten, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Caransa, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2018

Dear Lucrezia,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. Good to hear that you have enjoyed the breakfast on our terrace.
I can understand your feedback about the price but unfortunately the prices of the hotels in Amsterdam are a bit higher than the European standard, this is due the fact that the city is very popular for tourists but also due to the small availability of hotel rooms in the old city center.

We are looking forward to welcome you again as our guests when travels bring you back to Amsterdam.

Reviewed April 29, 2018

Lovely hotel.
A wonderful team.
Excellent location.
Good breakfast.
There is no air conditioning in the room only a ventilation system.
We were offered a fan and it helped a lot.
We'll be back again soon

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
1  Thank larido2
BartvandenHauten, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Caransa, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2018

Dear Larido,

Good to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us in Amsterdam.
Thank you for all the compliments, especially about the location, breakfast, and my team.
I will share this with them!

Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

Thanks for all the extra Birthday treats and balloons. Really special treatment with an upgraded room on arrival. Room was clean and had a neat view of the square. Centrally located and knowledgeable staff.
Thanks,
Charles and Rachel

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Charles and Rachel,

Thank you for all your compliments, I hope you have enjoyed your birthday with us here in Amsterdam.
We hope to welcome you again as our guests, maybe next year to celebrate the next Birthday? ;)

We are looking forward to it.

Hotel director

Reviewed April 23, 2018

Stayed here for just one night, and I wished I could stay longer. The hotel is located in a very strategic area, right in front of Rembrantplein with various shopping and dining option nearby. Despite its strategic location, yet I found it was not too noisy and I could easily fell to sleep. Totally easy to find, with tram stop right in front of the hotel.

I was staying in a standard room, a modest room with nice bathroom. I also booked to have a room with nice view, which came to not-so-bad view looking to the Rembrantplein. The staff were also nice with no significant issue during check-in and check-out.

Overall, the hotel was totally recommended if you’re planning to stay in the city center and looking for a place with very easy access.

Room Tip: Upper level
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank Rizki P
BartvandenHauten, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Caransa, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2018

Dear Rizki,

Thank you for all the compliments, especially about my team, the rooms and the central location.

I could imagine that you were a bit upset because of the noise disturbance from the square. As a hotel we try to do everything in our power to control this for our guests, due to our lively location. We provide earplugs in all our hotel rooms and we are able to contact the police on the square in no time. Unfortunately it is not always 100% in our control due to all the pubs and bars on our lively square. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

We are looking forward to welcome you again as our guest.