We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in October 2013, it was fine for a short city break, not luxurious just adequate:
- good location
- easily accessible by tram
- friendly and helpful staff
- comfortable beds
- quiet location
- yummy bakery round the corner!
- bathroom small (but you don't really need a large bathroom for a city break)
- we had a 'sewer' type smell in the bathroom, we told the receptionist and they seemed to sort it whilst we were out
- the beds were two single beds rather than a double...they weren't zipped together so as a couple we found ourselves falling down the gap in the middle!
Overall a great little hotel, just what you need for a city break!
If you are looking for things to do in Amsterdam then I would suggest:
- the Heineken experience
- the handbag museum
- the house of bols
I would avoid:
- the ice bar!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the greenest part of the centre of Amsterdam, the Hampshire Hotel Lancaster offers rooms in all sizes, from the individual traveller to families. The rooms have a private bathroom with shower, free wifi, coffee and tea facilities, tv and a safe in the room. In our lobby we offer free wifi and free coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Hampshire Hotel - Lancaster Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eden Lancaster Amsterdam
- Hotel Eden Lancaster
- Eden Lancaster Hotel Amsterdam