The positives: This hotel is right in the middle of it all, close to everything. It might be one of the best locations you could ask for in Amsterdam. Some of the rooms here are incredibly huge with canal views. Theres a metro stop right in front.
The negatives: The hotel is badly in need of a makeover or renovation. It's oldschool. Some of the rooms are not even accessable by elevator and you need to carry a bag up steps. In many of the rooms you can hear the metro bell pretty loud starting at 6am to 12am.
If you are looking for a good deal in a good location, this place is fine. But not if you want a 4 or 5 star that feels modern and polished.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the beautiful Prinsengracht canal, you will find Dikker en Thijs Fenice Hotel. A historical four star hotel in the heart of Amsterdam. Experience a luxurious ambiance and walk to almost all famous sights. Most of the beautiful 42 hotel rooms of Dikker & Thijs Fenice Hotel have an amazing canal view. French cuisine is offered at Restaurant Thijs which also serves dishes with international influences and uses seasonal, fresh ingredients. A lounge and private dining room on the first floor offers scenic canal views. From Dikker en Thijs Fenice Hotel, you can easily walk to the main museums. Shopping streets and plenty of restaurants are nearby as well. The tram stop is right around the corner. Amsterdam City Centre is a great choice for travellers interested in food, nightlife and walking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Dikker & Thijs Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dikker And Thijs Fenice Hotel
- Dikker Thijs Fenice Hotel
- Hotel Dikker Thijs Fenice