We have just recently returned from a 3 night break staying at this hotel in the heart of Amsterdam.
The location was perfect. 5 or 6 stops on the tram from Centraal station. Within reach of the main attractions and some lovely restaurants and outdoor bars in the area. The hotel sits right on the Prinsengracht canal and only a few meters from the tram stop.
The hotel itself was very welcoming. I had requested a high floor and view and they did not disappoint. We were given room 408 which overlooked the canal and had patio doors which we opened and sat watching the world go by. Wedding not experience some of the noise Previously mentioned other than usual city noise (except for Sunday...more in a moment)
I really don't blame the hotel. They could do nothing, but on Sunday the city was invaded by drunken football fans celebrating Ajax winning the championship. The hotel is situated very close to the main square where bars are located and the football,is watched. It was a nightmare. If you are visiting make sure Ajax haven't got a significant match on during the period of your stay. It's a real nightmare.
In short, I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this hotel again, we were well looked after and enjoyed our stay greatly. I will just keep a closer eye on be fixtures next time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the beautiful Prinsengracht canal, you will find Dikker en Thijs Fenice Hotel. A historical four star hotel in the heart of Amsterdam. Experience a luxurious ambiance and walk to almost all famous sights. Most of the beautiful 42 hotel rooms of Dikker & Thijs Fenice Hotel have an amazing canal view. French cuisine is offered at Restaurant Thijs which also serves dishes with international influences and uses seasonal, fresh ingredients. A lounge and private dining room on the first floor offers scenic canal views. From Dikker en Thijs Fenice Hotel, you can easily walk to the main museums. Shopping streets and plenty of restaurants are nearby as well. The tram stop is right around the corner. Amsterdam City Centre is a great choice for travellers interested in food, nightlife and walking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Dikker & Thijs Fenice Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dikker And Thijs Fenice Hotel
- Dikker Thijs Fenice Hotel
- Hotel Dikker Thijs Fenice