Dikker & Thijs Hotel
$245
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $299/night.

$172
$164
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $210/night.

$242
Lloyd Hotel(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$68
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $93/night.

Banks Mansion(Amsterdam)
  • Room Service
$565
$333
  • Restaurant
Ibis Amsterdam Centre(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$158
ibis
  • Restaurant
All reviewstram stopcanal viewgreat locationthe penthousenoise from the streetwalking distanceroom was largeanne frank houselight sleepersuperior roomgreat roomnoisy at nightstaff was very friendly and helpfulcentral stationvan gogh museumlovely hotelfirst floor
Reviewed May 2, 2013

First impressions are always the best and Dikker &Thijs Fenince does not disappoint. The staff went over and above to help me resolve a booking error (that was totally my fault) but online travel service (not the hotel) had trouble canceling a room, the staff continued to update me of staus of my reservation, called the travel,service themselves to try and help resolve my issue that took over a months time.

It is conviently located on the tram line (take 1,2 or 5) and was a pleasant sight for three exhausted travelers who just blindly jumped on a tram with luggage and had no idea where they were going. Plenty of resturants with in 5 Mis walk from fast food to elegant sit down dinners.

Our room was comfortable, plenty of space for three adults in the triple room and overlooked the canal.

Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

I am writing this from the hotel where every 3 minutes a tram rumbles by outside my room. Impossible to sleep. If you are into trainspotting this is the place for you but if you come to a hotel to sleep I suggest you stay somewhere else.

Management would not let me check out and refund me despite this happening in the afternoon.

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank NYTA
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights 4 people in 2 rooms and I have only good to say about this hotel. We had large and well light rooms, the one I had probably the best in the house. Not cheap, maybe a somewhat on the expensive side but still fair value for my money as I remember we were there at the very height of the season. Very good breakfast, good dinner at the hotel restaurant, helpful staff, dead center location, what else can a short term visitor expect?

Room Tip: Room facing North-East overlooking the canal, sun through window in the morning. Room 304 large and very accommodating, all be it not cheap. Picture is from room window.
Reviewed April 24, 2013

This is a great place in a very convenient location. It is down the street from the Leidseplein, a short walk from the main shopping area, and only a 10 minute walk from the Rijksmuseum. Lots of restaurants and cafes nearby and the tram stops in front of the hotel.

Our room was very comfortable, fronting on the Prinsengracht with a very comfortable bed and good amenities, including free WiFi. Even though the tram was close and lots of people on the street, noise was not a problem. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. What more to like? I will return here the next time we're in Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Ask for a room fronting the Prinsengracht.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2013

The staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms on the front of the building were comfortable and quiet with a good view of the canal. The heating control in one room was not working (nor the heated towel rail in the bathroom of the other). We would have liked the option of a continental breakfast at a cheaper price so found breakfast elsewhere-which was not easy before 9.30am.
We changed rooms after the first night having been given a room at the back which was gloomy and with a long walk with steep stairs from the lift (not good for the infirm!). The room on the front was the same price.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com