Stayed here after reading the reviews. Wanted a smaller non chain hotel and this didn't disappoint. Good sized room, with a balcony over the canal. No need to get a taxi here you can get the train almost to the doorstep.
If this is your first time in Amsterdam then its a perfect location - out of the seedier areas, but within walking distance to the majority of attractions.
Don't bother with breakfast - there is a bakery / fruit seller across the street.
Highly recommend this place - great :) - will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the beautiful Prinsengracht canal, you will find Dikker en Thijs Fenice Hotel. A historical four star hotel in the heart of Amsterdam. Experience a luxurious ambiance and walk to almost all famous sights. Most of the beautiful 42 hotel rooms of Dikker & Thijs Fenice Hotel have an amazing canal view. French cuisine is offered at Restaurant Thijs which also serves dishes with international influences and uses seasonal, fresh ingredients. A lounge and private dining room on the first floor offers scenic canal views. From Dikker en Thijs Fenice Hotel, you can easily walk to the main museums. Shopping streets and plenty of restaurants are nearby as well. The tram stop is right around the corner. Amsterdam City Centre is a great choice for travellers interested in food, nightlife and walking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Dikker & Thijs Fenice Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dikker And Thijs Fenice Hotel
- Dikker Thijs Fenice Hotel
- Hotel Dikker Thijs Fenice