4 people are viewing this hotel
The Hoxton
$380
Fully refundable before Sat, Apr 27
3,071 results
All reviews supermarket prices canal view cozy room cool vibe nine streets cool hotel perfect location each morning we loved our stay free breakfast amazing hotel dam square anne frank house rooms are small lottie hipster herengracht
Selected filters
Reviewed April 13, 2019

I stayed with the Hoxton over my birthday and Christmas, and was blown away by the warmth and thoughtfulness of the staff. It's both hip & trendy, and professional & thoughtful in service. They even stashed some birthday treats in my canal-front room - such a delightful surprise.

The restaurant in the lobby has great cocktails, a fun people-watching scene and amazing, relaxed, elegant service. I struggled to want to eat anywhere else! Even when it got busy due to the holidays, the staff ran everything seamlessly.

The location in the heart of the gorgeous, not tacky-tourist part of Amsterdam cannot be beat. Can't wait to return!

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
MichaAMS, Front Office Manager at The Hoxton, Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2019

He there,

It was great to have you for that special time of the year and even better to surprise you! Thank you so much for the kind words, much appreciated. We will make sure to pass them on to the whole team. We are glad you got the chance to enjoy our Restaurant and Bar Lotti's and our location worked out so well for you.

We can't wait for you to return either.

Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

We spent 4 days in Amsterdam and I couldn’t be happier that we picked the Hoxton. The location is fantastic. The rooms were very comfortable and although not huge we had everything we needed and decor quirky and still relaxing. I loved the fact that they give you plenty of tea and coffee and water and real milk!! I also really appreciate that they will sell you snacks at shop prices rather than have expensive mini bar. We are not young but felt welcome by all and enjoyed the buzz in the bar in the evening. Staff are just lovely and all in all highly recommended to anyone looking for a great base fora few days in Amsterdam. Would love to go back!!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank ANN M

He Ann,

Thank you so much for sharing the love. We are super happy you picked us too, it was a pleasure having you guys around. We are glad you enjoyed our location, your room and the amenities in there. It's great that you were able to use our Hox Shop for anything you couldn't find in the room and like that concept.

You feeling welcome is what it's all about, we want to be as inclusive as we can! Make sure you and your friends come back soon, we would love to have you again.

Reviewed April 9, 2019 via mobile

We spent three nights at The Hoxton which provides a fabulous base for exploring all that Amsterdam has to offer. Friendly and helpful staff, a great bar and restaurant and an amazing location. The entire hotel is beautiful and thoughtfully laid out. The rooms are funky and comfy and there is plenty going on, don't miss Jazzy Sunday.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

He there,

A fabulous base for exploring? High five! Thank you for the kind words and taking the time to share them. We are glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us and liked the team, your room, our location and our Restaurant & Bar Lotti's.

Come back soon now!

Reviewed April 9, 2019

This is very hip hotel that is welcoming and comfortable and has a real Euro feel. The lobby is vibrant with what appears to be travelers and locals. Front desk staff are cheerful friendly and helpful. Answered all our questions and even booked a canal cruise for us. We were on the second floor looked into the courtyard onto the glass roofed restaurant. It was very quiet. Room was well designed and spotless. Great full size toiletries. Everything has a fun whimsical bent. We had drinks, dinner and breakfast as well as afternoon snack in Lottie’s the attached restaurant. Good prices and excellent food and drink. Staff again friendly and helpful. As Americans we felt we were getting a true Amsterdam experience and loved it! Don’t stay at a boring predictable hotel, have fun at The Hoxton!
Location is superb in the historic area right on a canal.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank carefulmom

He there,

We are happy to read you enjoyed staying here as much as we enjoyed having you. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and sharing the love. Glad to read you felt so welcome and comfortable in our pad, that's what it's all about.

We are grateful for you recommending the hotel and happy you enjoyed the room, our restaurant and bar Lotti's and our team throughout the hotel!

We hope you can come back soon or we can welcome you in one of our other properties!

Reviewed April 9, 2019

stayed here over the weekend on a business trip, usually stay at soho house or the Pulitzer or Waldorf Astoria but all were booked out - those places are often around the name price or only a little more than the hoxton so I assumed at a similar price it would be a proper, good hotel .... but no.... it felt almost more like being in a hipster hostel than a hotel to be honest.

The room was fine but it was all trying too hard to be cool and clearly cheaply done... then there were no amenities, no robes, no mini bar, no usable mirrors (just a bright blue one and the small one in the bathroom that was too far away to use to do ur makeup). Through the night there was all sorts of noises, then there was a cleaners cupboard by my door that was constantly left open which was gross (cleaner also left a big bottle of timber polish in my sink?). I stayed 2 nights and spent something like 800 eu (with no extras) HOW!! I have stayed at places where I felt so cared for and comfortable at that price! They seem to be riding off their name and 'cool' reputation rather than any real substance. The only room available was the CHEAPEST TOO so i am just shocked. I thought hoxton seemed like a cool place, I do like the one in London so I thought it would be great... but this one just feels sooo self-conscious, as a designer I found the design contrived and layout was not well thought out so it didnt really flow well, it just felt a bit.... not quite right. The staff didn't come across as super professional either, I love the casual and cool vibe and normally I would really go for this kind of place but JUST NOT AT THIS PRICE! For this price I don't want to see staff in jeans and t-shirts looking like the lobby of a hostel, it should be a little more put together and business casual. The staff were all young too and could have been a bit more trained. It just needs a bit of tightening up in my opinion.

I wouldn't give a lower rating because it was actually a nice hotel and I would have been totally happy but just at a lower price... I would pay maybe in the 200 area but not close to 400 for this. It's just not good enough.... I stay at more expensive hotels than this a lot of the time so the issue isn't the price itself its more that I do think price should reflect what you get.

Will say the location is PERFECT and the bed was super comfy.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
GilbertAMS, Head of Rooms at The Hoxton, Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2019

He Chim,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We're sorry to read it wasn't what it should be, you didn't feel you got value for money and you didn't like our style or approach.

We hope to welcome you back at one point though, feel free to reach out to us directly!

Best, Gilbert