Lowest prices for your stay
$400
KarenLL2201
France
Fantastic stay !
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Aug 31, 2016
My husband and I flew to Amsterdam at the beginning of August from France.
We stayed three nights at the Hoxton.
Well, our stay was just FANTASTIC ! The staff is very professional and friendly at the same time. They take hospitality standards to a whole new level !
We are used to 5 star properties and the Hoxton really delivers great service. The hotel location is perfect, close to all the main attractions.
Our room was not very big but very confortable and decorated with taste.
We loved the lounge/bar. The vibe is fantastic and gave us the opportunity to mingle with the locals as well. We highly recommend this hotel for couples !
$382
4.0 miles from The Hoxton, Amsterdam
Free parking
View more hotels in Amsterdam
3,079 results
All reviews supermarket prices canal view cozy room cool vibe nine streets cool hotel perfect location each morning we loved our stay free breakfast amazing hotel dam square anne frank house rooms are small lottie hipster herengracht
Selected filters
Reviewed August 30, 2016

Loved this hotel. Supposedly budget chic (?), but didn't feel budget at all. We booked a "roomy", and got a huge room on the top floor. Extremely comfy beds, quite, perfect temperature - all we could have hoped for. Nice touch with free water (and milk) in the minibar. The breakfast bag wasn't exactly what we craved after a long night out (except for the orange juice), however a nice touch. Had breakfast at Lotties. Was ok, but perhaps not quite what we expected from a hotel of this standard (the avocado on toast with poached eggs was quite anonymous, the full English seemed a better option). Had a private brunch reception one morning with a big group. I think the food was supplied by Lotties (?), and it was very good. All in all, we loved our stay at the Hoxton. Great service, staff very helpful with booking hairdresser, suggesting restaurants etc.

Room tip: We loved our roomy. Heard the "basic" rooms are a bit small.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
HoxAMSTeam, Hox_Team at The Hoxton, Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2016

Hey there, thanks for taking the time to review! Super happy you loved your room and all of our lil' bits and bobs around the pad. Sorry to here Lotti's didn't impress over breakfast but great that you enjoyed the brunch reception! Hope to have you back again soon :)

Reviewed August 29, 2016

The Hoxton is a very cool, modern hotel in a great location in the centre of Amsterdam. The rooms are small, but not too small, and beautifully decorated, with the comfiest bed i've slept in for years. The design is chic and minimalist but doesn't feel pretentious. There is a fun bar with superb cocktails (where the barman was happy to make a cocktail off menu) and a delicious restaurant too. The hotel is within walking distance to anywhere in central Amsterdam and the concierge was very helpful in helping us to plan our sightseeing. I would recommend the Hoxton to anyone staying in Amsterdam and i will always stay there when visiting Amsterdam in future.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Hey there, thanks for taking the time to review! So glad you felt cosy in our rooms and loved our vibe. Happy to hear you enjoyed the cocktails and food in Lotti's, and took good advantage of our 'hood, too! Hope to have you back again soon :)

Reviewed August 29, 2016

So it's rather rare to have a seamless, hassle-free, comfortable stay at a hotel. This was the best thing about the Hoxton: it was a really relaxing, worry-free, and enjoyable stay. Here were some of the major pluses for me regarding the Hoxton:

(1) The restaurant downstairs was terrific. Usually, I don't eat at a hotel, probably because of several horrifying trips to the USA. However, the restaurant in the foyer of the Hoxton was utterly lovely. The food was fresh and delicious, the windows above opened up so that it became a courtyard, and the vibe was very relaxed and hip. I really had no desire to explore other nightlife in Amsterdam because the one at my hotel was so lovely and cosy.

(2) The values of the hotel - which is not to treat its customers like money machines. There is no mini bar, no hidden charges, and the added bonus of FREE 1hr international calls. Does it get any better?

(3) The cosy room is small and to be honest, it only fits one international traveller as there is no way you can open up a second suitcase in the room. However, I was travelling on my own, and my bestie, who lives in Rotterdam, stayed with me for a girlie weekend with only a backpack. So we managed really well.

(4) The breakfast is absolutely fantastic. I'll be honest - the last thing I want to do in the morning is get dressed just so I don't look like a fright when I get my breakfast in the communal dining room. However, the Hoxton solved that with a room delivery of yoghurt, banana, and orange juice. So nice just to stay in bed and chomp away lazily with my hot tea and pajamas. Loved it!

(5) The staff - I happened to have some excess gourmet food that I couldn't fit into my suitcase and gave it to the staff. They were so incredibly thrilled and grateful that they insisted on taking a photo of me so that they can tell the other staff what a lovely guest they had. Usually, I come across hotel staff who are on high alert because they seem wary of dealing with difficult customers. The Hoxton staff were young, vibrant, friendly and so incredibly grateful even with small gifts. It's lovely to see.

So there you go. Great hotel. If I'm in Amsterdam again, I'll be at the Hoxton.

Room tip: Third floor was quiet
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank caroln936
HoxAMSTeam, Hox_Team at The Hoxton, Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2016

WOW! Thanks for sharing all of that love. Super happy to hear that you loved our team – we've all heard about the goodies so we know they loved you too ;) Really glad you enjoyed all of our lil' perks and the vibe in our pad, too. Great you liked the fare in Lotti's, too! Hope to have you back again soon :)

Reviewed August 29, 2016

I was excited to stay at this hotel ever since i saw the pictures on their website and read all the positive reviews. We stayed in a cozy room which was big enough for me and my husband. The decor was pleasant and warm and the room was well appointed. I cannot say enough about the location of this hotel. Its located on the Herengracht canal and is walking distance to most of the major attractions. I wasn't a fan of the food we had at their restaurant - Lottie's. However, there is a lot of Indonesian food right around the corner and it was all very good. They provide a small portable breakfast consisting of fruit, yogurt and milk if you hang a paper bag outside your door. I thought this added a personal touch and made our stay more enjoyable. Highly recommended!

Room tip: request canal view
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hi there, thanks for sharing all the love! So great to hear you enjoyed our pad and took good advantage of our 'hood. Glad you liked the food at our neighbours and our brekkie bags, too! Hope to have you back again soon :)

Reviewed August 28, 2016

Absolutely loved my stay at the The Hoxton. I booked the "Shoebox" room, and yes it is small in comparison but it was comfortable, clean and well appointed, something that I was so happy about after 30hrs travelling from Australia.

The bathroom and shower were awesome if that's important to you and the overall retro-hipster feel was nice. The free breakfast bag was also a nice touch.

The location was perfect, close to everything but in a quieter part of Amsterdam. The staff were very friendly and helpful throughout my stay!

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
HoxAMSTeam, Hox_Team at The Hoxton, Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2016

Hey there, thanks for sharing the love! Happy to hear you enjoyed our lil' Shoebox and got to catch up on some good sleep with us. So glad you liked the brekkie bags and our team behind reception, too! Hope to have you back again soon :)