“Fabulous Amsterdam Hotel”
Review of Hotel Estherea

Hotel Estherea
Ranked #18 of 373 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed August 22, 2010

Just got back from a Amsterdam with a fantastic stay at the Hotel Estherea. The location is perfect, on a nice quiet canal location (a rare thing in amsterdam).We stayed in a deluxe canal view which I would highly recommend not only for the beautiful view but also for the larger size (coming from the US you will appreciate it...trust me). The decor is elegant and classy but not snobbish. Beds are so large and comfortable (pillow top?)Staff is extreamly helpful (examples: room ready at 9 am when check-in wasn't until 15:00, also had a taxi for us in under 5 Min. so we could catch our train to Paris at Centraal Station).Try to get a room ending with 10 as they are the largest (i.e. 310,410,510 etc.) All of the major sites are withing walking distance. There is a great little cafe next door (Broodje Bert) as well as numerous good restaurants around the corner on Spuistraat. I will only stay here for future visits as it was simply perfect.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank scottrn1

Reviewed August 20, 2010

We were a group of 5 people and had 3 rooms at the hotel. The staff were great, the location was great, very quiet and easy to get about. We had deluxe rooms which were really nice but the standard rooms would have done just as well. We will definitely stay here the next time wew are in Amsterdam.

There is a restaurant on site but for breakfast only. If you wanted wireless in your room you had to apy but there were 2 computers you could use for free in the main lobby.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2010

I went with my husband for my 30th birthday this month. It's location was excellent not far from the main dam square, only about two mins walk. The hotel itself was very clean, staff very helpful and rooms very comfortable. It was worth every penny and the staff even left a gift for my birthday in our room. I can highly recommend a visit to this city with a stay at the estherea hotel!

Reviewed August 15, 2010

Our family stayed here for a couple of nights in July 2010. We had two adjoining rooms on the 3rd floor, with one room having lovely views over the canal. The rooms were extremely comfortable, with clean, well equipped and spacious bathrooms. The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly. We particularly enjoyed the little extras like free hot drinks, cakes and sweets available throughout the day. Only negative was that breakfast in the hotel was quite expensive, and so we popped down the road to Broodje Berts! We will definitely revisit this hotel, as it was very good.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2010

I stayed at the Hotel Estherea for eight nights. The overall experience was excellent. I had one of the smaller, interior rooms likely because I got a lower rate from booking.com. But my room was just fine and the bathroom was a nice size for a European hotel. The room was clean and quiet and was really just perfect for my stay. I would have loved a view but didn't need one and was able to discern if it was raining or not by looking into the little courtyard. What I loved most about the hotel was the location. As a gay traveler, I found that the hotel was a 10 minute walk to most of the gay bars or clubs. It was about a 20 minute walk to the museum area and only a five minute walk to Dam Square and the red light district. The train station was about 15 minute walk.
The staff was very attractive and attentive. They have really nice umbrellas there if you don't have one or need an extra. The expresso machine was awesome to have in the lobby. I did not eat at the hotel. There are two computers in the lobby for free internet access. Often times they were in use, but for the most part I had no problem getting enough time to check emails and travel information. Most of the time I was able to pick up a free wifi signal on my smartphone. I would absolutely stay there again. Only complaint, was that the maid leaves the windows open after cleaning and some mosquitoes popped in my room and bit me up pretty well. But once i realized there was AC in the room I kept the windows closed at night. Also, there is a cat in the hotel. I love cats but if you are allergic this could be a problem.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 12, 2010

I visit Amsterdam oftenand have stayed in 8-10 hotels, a couple of B&Bs and a couple of apartments. The Estherea is probably my favorite of the hotels. It is as comfortable as the big chain hotels like the Radisson, but it has more charm, as it is a family owned establishment. The rooms are large and clean. The staff is friendly and the location cannot be beat. The free coffe, tea and cookies are a nice touch.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2010

An outstanding hotel with incredible attention to detail. There are so many fine touches that distinguish this place that it would be impossible to do it justice in a brief note such as this. Take it for granted that the staff is professional, courteous and friendly. The rooms are not huge but by European standards are perfectly sized and extrememly well appointed. The way the decor and furnishings blend shows an eye for detail missing in som many other places. It features plush towels and bedding, top quality toiletries and the highest standards of cleanliness. The ambience and layout of the lobby and lounge areas is a joy. Discreet yet welcoming, understated luxury, an impressive and well stocked bookcase, daily newspapers in 4 or 5 different languages, free highspeed broadband (with automatic cache clearing), free coffee, tea or hot chocolate with cookies, delightful background music...this place just impresses to no end.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo