Hotel Estherea
$239
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$174
$154
  • Bar/Lounge
$314
$258
$189
$167
  • Restaurant
WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$262
$237
Agoda.com
$241
  • Restaurant
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$224
  • Pool
$294
$213
  • Restaurant
Hotel De Hallen(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$181
$140
Agoda.com
4,175 results
All reviewssingel canalbeautiful hotelcanal view roomdam squarecomplimentary coffeewithin walking distancejacuzzi bathdeluxe roomnine streetsperfect locationlobby areapublic areasanne frank houseflower marketloved this hotellovely roomwalked everywhere
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We had stayed here some time back and we always said we would return! Loved all the changes and the expansion. We picked a room with a jetted tub, it was very relaxing after a long day of museums and walking. Wonderful location, Maria's Bar was very convenient and all the staff were great! If we come back to Amsterdam, it will be Hotel Estherea again!

1  Thank Cwparis R
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Went here for Valentine's weekend and were simply amazed by everything. Hotel staff were polite and friendly. We arrived early morning before the room was ready and they kindly took our luggage and advised the room would be ready around 3pm. We decided to put the time to good use and visit the Anne Frank museum (go early to avoid huge queues).
Everything is a short walk or tram ride away. The hotel staff told us we could grab a 3-day tram ticket for 16 Euros back from the GVB building (back near the main train station). We got some but ended up walking almost everywhere anyway.
We returned to the hotel at about 2pm and the room was ready. Room was lovely and clean. Felt cosy but not small. 4-poster bed, small chandelier and all the usual chair and dressing table. The decor was fantactic, like a modern, classic, chic finish that we both really liked and it was perfect for romance for Valentines. We felt the room was a little hot for our liking so went and spoke to reception. They advised the the aircon was off for the entire hotel as it was the cold season, however they kindly activated it singularly for our room so we were able to change the temp.
This was really a lovely hotel. My first visit to Dam, not my last, and I don't think I'll be able to stay anywhere else other than Estherea!

Room Tip: Upgrade to Canal view
2  Thank Heezeman
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I arrived into the hotel very late in the evening. The hotel door was locked. I had to ring twice for it to get opened. I was met by a girl in a coat, ready to leave. Then another one appeared and they spoke between themselves not in English which I found very rude. I got into my room through narrow corridors, laid down on my bed thinking that the matress and the pillow were cheap and uncomfortable and...... Had one of the best night sleeps in my life. The following days made me really like the hotel. Yes, the rooms are small, wifi not reliable, heater/air conditioner in the room is quite loud, but beakfasts are great, location is perfect and, what's most important, the hotel does have this character and charm that you can see by looking at the hotel photos on the web. So, i would recommend the hotel!

Room Tip: We paid for a room upgrade to get extra space and the room was still very small. I believe that the basic rooms are just tiny. So if you are given a chance to upgrade at a little price, do so.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2014

It was warm, pleasant.
Very good breakfast. I wished every hotel was like this one.
Maria's bar had good cocktails, everything fresh made.
The location is excellent. If you want to have a very good restaurant nearby: Beulings in Beulingstraat.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Ive been to Amsterdam 15-20 times. Sometimes renting flats, sometimes hotels. Hotel Estherea is an excellent choice. I believe it is in the best location in Amsterdam... on the Singel Canal. Its close enough to the major tourist spots that you can walk anywhere easily, yet removed just enough to feel quiet. Hotel staff is very friendly and professional. Hotel is very clean and well appointed. As is the case with all the Amsterdam Hotels, space is a commodity, so dont expect large rooms... but certainly on par with any other property in Amsterdam and most of Europe.
I would highly recommend theis hotel to anybody visiting amsterdam.

Room Tip: if you can get the room with the balcony on top floor, that is great. Other than that, id go for a room higher floor facing the Canal... no other way to do Amsterdam! :)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends