“Finally free wifi”
Review of Hotel Estherea

Hotel Estherea
Ranked #16 of 371 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Excellent hotel. Excellent servce. Finally free wifi. Look for the discounts and prefer booking directly for a free breakfast. Only problem is the new matresses. Too soft. But they are aware and will partly correct if you request. Enjoy. Definitely my preferred hotel in Amsterdam

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hotel Estherea

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I recently stayed here in November, and this is a wonderful hotel. This was my 3rd stay (two of which have been absolutely flawless. One was a little rough around the edges, which had nothing to do with the hotel itself, but rather with some grumpy staff members. Considering everything the hotel has to offer, however, this was very easy to overlook). The check in was very quick and efficient, and the lobby and bar are very comfortable and inviting and beautifully decorated. Also, a massive thank you to one of the bar staff, who went out of their way to grab me a banana and an apple from the kitchen, when I asked if there was any food (other than nuts) to go with my wine :-). Extremely nice sentiment that was much appreciated. The rooms are absolutely lovely (this time I stayed in a classic). I have read reviews of people complaining about the size, and to be honest, I really don't understand this. The rooms are not small. They are colorfully decorated, and very comfortable. The breakfast is very good, with many options to choose from. This is definitely one of the loveliest boutique hotels, in Amsterdam, and I highly recommend staying here!

Room Tip: Classic rooms do over look a courtyard in the middle of the building, however, they also look direct...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This was our second stay at this fabulous hotel. So cozy and the staff very friendly and efficient. It was even better this year following an upgrade of the bar which now includes a great cocktail service. Looking forward to our next stay already.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed December 4, 2013

This is by far My favorite hotel in Amsterdam. Wonderful staff who provide friendly and efficient service. Excellent location lots to see and do.

Rooms are very clean and comfortable. I ve been choosing to stay here when i visit amsterdam for the last 15 years.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We were here for just one night, on a long layover at the end of our honeymoon, so we didn't get to take full advantage of all the amazing amenities this hotel has to offer. What we did get to experience - wow!! After checking in, we mentioned to the bell boy that we were on our honeymoon. After showing us around our room, he excused himself and came back 3 minutes later with a congratulatory box of chocolates. The room was exquisitely beautiful and clean, and the bed was wonderfully soft. The entire hotel is luxuriously and whimsically decorated. There are fresh flowers and crystal chandeliers everywhere. I amused myself for a while with the large saltwater aquarium in the sitting room directly off the lobby. All the staff were very welcoming and friendly, and complimentary coffee/tea/cappuccino and other hot drinks were available at all times from a Keurig-type machine. One thing to be aware of: the complimentary internet is only available on the ground floor. Overall it was a wonderful experience to cap our honeymoon!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have just read some of the latest good reviews of this hotel and must say that I agree with them all. My husband and I have traveled a lot; I always research and try to find the most beautiful places to stay as that is very important to me. I was thrilled with this hotel...it DOES spoil you for anywhere else! A boutique environment in historic buildings, friendly staff, and one of the most beautiful rooms I've experienced. The mattress, pillows and comforter were so comfortable that I never wanted to get out of bed! A housekeeper told us that she liked working there because each room is different. Apparently two sisters own the hotel and care a lot about its design.

A coffee and hot chocolate machine in the sumptuous lobby was available at any time...the breakfast was huge, varied and in the most beautiful breakfast room ever. The pictures don't really capture what it was like to be there. And we paid less here than in some bed and breakfasts. Absolutely great!

Room Tip: Of course, a room with canal view would be great, but it costs more. We had a room with a window ove...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I stayed here on a recent trip to Amsterdam with my grandfather. There is nothing about this place we could fault. Not one single thing. My grandfather stayed here years (and years) and was thoroughly impressed that the hotel had kept up its stellar reputation.

From the warm welcome to the décor, the size of the rooms to the beautiful breakfast, Hotel Estherea is a true gem! It's off the beaten tourist tracks of the red light district etc but that's what makes it great. The rooms, much like the entire hotel, are beautifully decorated and completely spotless. I spent a good 20 minutes whilst we checked in just admiring things in the different areas of the ground floor.
There are free hot and cold drinks, biscuits, and sweets available in the lobby and the bar is open whenever you need it. Also, here is a massive plus, there's free WiFi available throughout the hotel and there are computers in the lobby for guests to use too. Also, canal view rooms are great.

H.E. is located close to Dam square but it quiet enough to get a great sleep and to listen to little else than the canals and the bikes. It's well located for shops and restaurants too. Head away from Dam square to get a real taste of where the locals eat and shop.

I will be visiting again ASAP.

Room Tip: Ask for a canal view room.