“Excellent in Every Aspect!”

WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam
Ranked #91 of 366 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Excellent in Every Aspect!”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Stayed for 3 nights from 1st of April 2014. The hotel is excellent in every aspect. The room was immaculate. The staff were lovely and very attentive. The location was ideal, 5 mins walk from most attractions and shops. I can't speak more highly of my stay. Will be back in the future for sure!

• Stayed April 2014
LotteDijkmans, Manager at WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Dear Kiedogg,

We can't thank you enough for this rewarding review!

Looking forward to your next visit.

Assistant Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Pingree Grove, Illinois
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I recently stayed here and the staff was amazing. Stephanie at the front desk was a sweetheart, helped me find the train time and info I needed to get back to the airport. Plus the two ladies working the front desk when I checked in we're amazing as well. I arrived much earlier than check in time and my room was ready and available for me. Thanks again for a pleasant stay!

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor if city noise bothers you
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Darrend3,

Thank you so much for this great review! Stephanie sends you her greetings and your compliments have been passed on to our Front Desk team.

We're looking forward to welcoming you, in case you decide to visit Holland, again.

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

I only gave this hotel 3\5 because although it is well located, close to Amsterdam Centre, and clean and friendly there are some points that should be highlighted!
Firstly, the apparently discounted breakfast from €15 to €12.50 is, in my opinion, not worth the money. I would recommend some of the local cafés offering better value for money.
In addition, items for sale in the foyer are considerably more expensive than from the little shop next door. €3.50 for a diet coke compared to €2.
There is a sign in reception giving the opportunity to purchase discount tickets to some of the attractions. A ticket for the Van Gogh museum listed as €15 we were told was in fact wrong and was €16. Fortunately, the lady on reception was unable to get on the computer to make the booking. This is just as well as we found out that the tickets at the museum were in fact only €15. I would have felt a bit cheated if we had bought the 'discounted' one in the hotel. Perhaps someone from Westcord Hotels could tell me why so called 'discounted' tickets are more expensive and also why reception staff told us the sign was wrong and was €16 and not €15 as stated. In this day and age surely it is easy to update signs and prices!!
The room was freshly decorated and clean. The bed was narrow and like sleeping on a marshmallow. The downside was if you moved from the centre you tended to roll out of the bed! Lastly, we had a front facing room which tended to be a bit noisy.
All this being said, the location is only a 5 minute walk from Amsterdam Central and close to the main attractions. The minus points of the hotel didn't spoil our visit.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ang1966
LotteDijkmans, Manager at WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Ang1966,

Thank you for your constructive review! We indeed suffered from severe issues with our ticketing system, I am happy to inform you we have been able to solve these and now have a perfectly working, adequate system so next time you visit I can assure you prices are correct now..

When you visit us next time, try one of our rooms on the backside of an internal room, even with the windows open you will feel like you are at the country side!

Would you please inform me which room you were in during your stay at lotte.dijkmansvangunst@westcordhotels.nl? As all our rooms are highly sound proofed we would like to run some tests..

Looking forward to your reply.

Terni, Italy
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Nice location, not far from Dam Paltz and Red Light District. Very clean, silent rooms even if a little bit small. Breakfast too expensive (nice brasseries and coffee bar nearby the hotel). Extremely politeness at the reception desk and care of visitors (tips and courtesy are always welcome). Just in front of a metrorail stop, easy to go to everywhere. 5 minutes by walking from Main Railway station. I will come back again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Griso M
Dear GrisoM,

Thanks for your positive review!! Great to hear you enjoyed your stay; we are looking forward to your next stay.

London
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Originally booked a single room but saw that they had double rooms free so decided to upgrade my room for 20 euros extra. Room 103 could barely contain the bed and you could only get out of the bed on one side. I spoke to reception to complain and all they said is that you pay a premium for the hotels location and were condescending to say the least. Also a new hotel policy is to pre charge your credit card €100 for an unspecified reason. This is not the friendly efficient hotel I remember.

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank bif1800
Dear bif1800,

I am extremely sorry to find out you did not experience your stay. As I understand you have stayed with us before and this time we disappointed you; I'm sorry to let you down.

We made sure to focus on the way we communicate; both the topics you are unhappy about could have been prevented if only we managed to find out your expectactions. In case you would like to have more information please do contact me.

Would you do me the great favour of sending me an e-mail (lotte.dijkmansvangunst@westcordhotels.nl) next time you visit Amsterdam? I will personally make sure you enjoy your stay from beginning to end..

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We weren't given the double bed requested so after 1 night we moved from level 4 to 5. The room was even smaller but that was expected.
The real bummer was the complete lack of water pressure. Really, really disappointing. The shower was a dribble and you had to wait for the toilet to refill before you could wash your hands after flushing!
It is in a great central location, rooms are relatively quiet.
Not a fan of the glass bathroom. If you use it thru the night, the light lights up the whole room, not just the bathroom. There is absolutely no sound privacy!

Room Tip: Avoid the top floors, no water pressure!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Snaz
erikjanbausch, General Manager at WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear Snaz,

Thank you for sharing your experiences of your recent stay with us.

We always try to meet your preferences regarding room and bed. As we have not all rooms equipped with a double bed, it might occur you will get a room with two separate mattrasses. However we are doing our utmost best to meet your wishes. In addtion we also have rooms with a brick bathroom wall instead of a glass wall.

For your next visit we will make sure you get a room like this. You can contact me then via erikjan.bausch@westcordhotels.nl.

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Kind regards,

Erik-Jan Bausch
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed March 18, 2014

The rooms were terribly small and I even tell that they are really not suitable for a couple of people over the age of 10 yers old in terms of a place that is not mentioned anywhere on the site.

But must say the reception staff was nice, attentive, professional and courteous!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dori E
Dear Dori E,

Thank you for sharing your review on Tripadvisor.

I am a little surprised you rated us with one star only, but fortunately you find our staff and service excellent. Regarding the rooms; we have tried to design them as efficient as possible.

Nevertheless I hope we may welcoming you another time as we do have different rooms in sizes and shapes. You can contact me directly via erikjan.bausch@westcordhotels.nl.

Kind regards,