“lovely hotel, great central location”

WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam
Ranked #91 of 368 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersBronze level
Perth, Scotland, United Kingdom
“lovely hotel, great central location”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights. Location is great, very central - 5 mins walk from train station. We arrived 9.30am and thought we would ask to put our luggage away somewhere safe until our room would be ready for check in at 2pm but was told our room was ready! checked in, dropped bags and away we went!! room was lovely, clean and good size. not a great view but not too bothered as at the back of this hotel are some "windows"!! I was quite taken aback as I thought this was all at the red light district but, no!! not a problem at all from it, in fact if we hadn't wandered down that street we would never have known they were there and after all it is Amsterdam! staff at hotel friendly and helpful and when checking out, our flight not until 10pm and we were offered secure storage for our luggage for as long as we needed that day and free of charge. would not hesitate to book this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karen T
erikjanbausch, General Manager at WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear Karen,

I have just read your review of your stay in our hotel and would like to thank you for your kind and enthusiastic words. It’s great to read that you will return to our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed here last year for 2 nights in winter time.The location was just perfect,only 5-10 min. walking distance from the main train station.We walked to the hotel altough we had a large luggage and it was so easy to reach the hotel on foot.The hotel was located on the tram line which I think was a bonus but still the hotel & the rooms were very quiet.We loved everything about the hotel except the reception staff.There were 2 men at the reception desk at their 40's or 50's.Unfortunately we could not get a warm welcome.The man was just doing his job and I think the most important point for a hotel is the reception part.None of them was kind or friendly.The room was very small but very practial and we had everything we needed.The room and the bathroom was so clean.The bed covers were new,fresh and the bed was so comfortable.

Room Tip: Our room was looking to the tram line but still very quiet.It was very enjoyable to view lively Amst...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mrs_adventurer
Dear gargoyle_istanbul,

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. I am happy to read you have enjoyed your stay with us, but that your first impression of the Front Desk was not that of a warm welcome. We do not have male Front Desk staff working who meet your description of age. As I would like to do something with your comments, I would be greatful if you can send me your reservation details to erikjan.bausch@westcordhotels.nl so I can have an in-depth look.

Nevertheless I am happy to read you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We booked in for three nights and stayed one more night. Great room, individual bedrooms with good design and style. Clean modern and bright, near the station within walking distance to all the main attractions that Amsterdam has to offer and a short tram ride to the museums. Great service almost too good the house keeping staff can't wait to start and if you are going to get up much later than 9am put the DND sign out! Discounted parking in front of the hotel (not cheap but fair given it's very central). All in all very impressed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Beth,

Thank you for staying with us! It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. Hope to see you again in the near future!

Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Room as a whole was fine, we just used it as somewhere to crash at night and whilst deciding what to do next. Despite others saying the Hotel is 5 minutes form the station, it was more like 10 minutes when dealing with the other pedestrians and whilst looking out for cyclists, trams etc.

The beds weren't the best but at end of the day we at least had beds. The room we had was facing the main road and normally I would have problems going to sleep in this situation but not in the room we had. Wifi signal was pretty much very weak the further up you go up.

The room had A/C which was useful in the hot weather.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank DCFC79
Dear DCFC79,

Thank you for nice review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay! I hope that we may have the chance to welcome you again in the near future!

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Firstly staff throughout were excellent, very attentive and helpful, easy going and eager to please.
location is amazing 5mins walk from central station and well located for all main attractions.
Rooms though small but very adequate and all rooms in central amsterdam are on small side. Very clean and functional.
Only reason we haven't given the hotel higher rating is though not a huge problem for us but maybe for others is that the shower room/ toilet is made of partially frosted glass......my partner of 6ft could clearly see into the toilet/ shower......
we are a long term couple and it wasnt a big issue (tho still made me nervous) I would not stay here with friends....
feel bad writing this as staff and everything else is great and we will come back......but if I came with friends would book somewhere else

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank MsConway82
Dear msmoo12,

Please not we also have rooms in which the bathroom has a brock wall instead of glass. So when you are coming back with your friends, please inform us about your preferences.

Hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner were booked to stay here for 2 nights on a Tuesday and Wednesday night.

The hotel is a 5 minute walk from Centraal station and was easy to find. The lobby was clean and smart. Checking in was quick and hassle free. They took 100 euros from my debit card for the deposit and said they would refund this back to the card or we could have it as cash instead on checkout.

We were given room 411 which was clean and bright. Lovely view onto the street from floor to ceiling windows. Slightly odd positioning of the bed and desk area but it worked and was in no way a negative thing. My partner had pre-arranged a special surprise for me as we were celebrating an anniversary and I was delighted to find 2 dozen red roses, champagne, chocolate, strawberries, waffles and a handwritten note from the reception.

The bathroom was clean and modern and the shower had a lovely rainfall style big shower head.

The location of this hotel is excellent. 5 minutes from Centraal station and less than
10 minutes to Dam square. The trams to the museum quarter and Leidsplein are just outside the hotel.

Overall excellent value for money, lovely hotel. I wouldn't hesitate to book next time we're in Amsterdam!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Rup81
Dear Rup81,

I have just read your 5-star review of your stay in our hotel and would like to thank you for your kind words! I hope this celebration of your anniversary will makes you come back to Amsterdam another time. It was a pleasure having you as our guest.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Kindest Regards,

Daventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed at the Westcord with my sister for 2 nights. It is brilliantly situated within a 5 min walk from Amsterdam Central Station. There is a lovely terrace on the opposite side of the road leading to the many side streets and pavement cafe's and bars. Around 5 mins walk to Dam Square which is full of jugglers, street acts - well worth a visit. There are numerous trams running past every few minutes and this is a really cheap way of travelling. All trams barring number 14 and one or two others return to Central Station. The Prince Henrik is worth a visit for a meal - excellent service and cuisine at really reasonable prices. Westcord staff were helpful throughout the stay. There wasn't much in the way of coffee / tea in the room but on asking at reception it was replenished without any question. As for our room. It was peaceful, spotlessly clean - had a brilliant shower and although the room was small there was plenty of storage space for luggage. The best part about the room though were the beds and pillows - I would have loved to bring them home with me - far better than my own; They were so comfortable - we both slept like logs. Neither of us wanted to get up !! I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank marcoroni
Dear marcoroni,

What a delight to read your review of your recent stay with us. Thank you for sharing this review on Tripadvisor.

I am very happy to read that the hotel and the staff have met your expectations! I will pass on your compliments to my team!

Thank you for choosing our hotel and I hope we can welcome you again to WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam in the near future!