“Highly recommended”

WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam
Ranked #85 of 374 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We stayed in the hotel for 5 days. Highly recommended.
1. Internet available everywhere in the hotel, works perfect.
2. Rooms are a bit small, but excellent design and very clean. Very quiet. Safe box with code lock available.
3. Breakfast not recommended because its too expensive and you can eat at many places around the hotel.
4. Excellent location, 5' walk to the Dam square, 10 minutes from the central station.
5. Hotel staff were very kind and helpful, for every request we had.

We will definitely return to this hotel on our next trip to Amsterdam.

1  Thank CaptainOfKnowledge
HotelRepr, Owner at WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2012

Dear guest, the best thing I read, next to your positive recommendatiuons, is that you will return to our hotel. Thanks you very much and I hope to meet you again. Regards, Martin Lindelauf

Reviewed January 1, 2012

We booked this hotel for one night, we did not mind that the room is small, we were expected to be out meeting friends and not staying in the room all the time. The bathroom has semi transparent/translucent (swinging) glass door which might not be suitable for non couple sharing the room. There is not much privacy when you need to go for the real "business".

We stayed at a street facing room on level 3, street noises level were manageable. The double bed feels smaller than a queen size bed. One fault in their room design is the light switches at the bed headboard, the pillow or sleeping arms can easily switch the light on/off when you are in the bed.

We had to extend and stay another night and the only room available was the single bed room which I thought was quite good if you were sleeping there alone. We paid an unreasonable price for the second night because it was the new year's eve weekend and we decided to spend another night in Amsterdam at the very last minute. If we had the time to look around, wouldn't pay Euro140 for the single bedroom but the previous night of Euro80 for a double bedroom was quite a good price.

We will return to stay in this hotel if we get good rate again but not more than Euro100.

Room Tip: Non street facing room/high level rooms probably are quieter. This is a street where you do get tour...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear guest, thank you for the comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. The best thing is that you consider to come back to the Westlodge City Centre hotel. The rate for new years eve was high, and will always be higher than the regular rates, because Amsterdam is very attractive and especially during this period. I hope to meet you again. Best regards, Martin Lindelauf

Reviewed December 31, 2011

I stayed in worse hotels that were much more expensive in Amsterdam. I can recommend this hotel for people who really like to be close to the main attractions. The cosy ‘Jordan’ district is just around the corner, the Dam 5’ walking, idem for the red light district. Tram stop just in front of the hotel. Yes the room was very small, but clean and with a very nice design bathroom. Service is professional, but breakfast to expensive and not good.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Dear guest, thank you for the positive comments. It is good tohear that everything was up to your expectations. I am sorry that breakfast did not them but I will look into tis as I want to exceed your expectations in all services from the hotel.
Kind regards, Martin Lindelauf

Reviewed December 30, 2011

The location is very good, close to the station and dam square and the nine streets. You can do all atractions by foot. The room was a bit smal but very tastefull and superb for a few nights. If we ever visit Amsterdam again we will gladly go back to this hotel. We had a room without a view because we were told it was less noisy. The staff was very helpful. Thanks guys.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

Excellent location, the room is really really small, if you are prepared to see a very small room but it has got everything you need also you expect to sleep right next to your roommate even you book a twin room, then you should be happy with this hotel... clean room, free WIFI, transit is right in front, city centraal station is within 5 minutes walk, many places to eat and see...

Room Tip: I am happy with my room on 4th floor.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank CKJANICE
Reviewed December 15, 2011

Just read previous review and they are correct to say that renovations are going on currently which makes the room very noisy during the day.

Overall, my experience staying in the hotel for 2 nights is that it is still very pleasant and good value.

when I arrived, the gentlemen at front desk allowed me to check in early which I was very grateful for. Some hotels charge extra for this service. He also acknowledged that there were renovations going on and apologized for the inconvenience. He also asked if I preferred a quiet room or one with a view. I chose the quiet room which was on third floor. It was indeed very quiet except for when the renovations where happening which seemed to be from late morning to around 6pm. If your out most of the day, you probably don't even notice the noise.

The room was very clean and spacious. Shower always had hot water. The housekeeping lady who I bumped into a couple of times was very polite and cheery and when I told her it wasn't necessary to clean my room, she was thoughtful to ask if I had enough clean towels.

The only thing that I felt might have been missing was a fridge/mini bar, but I didn't expect this for a 3 star hotel.

I paid 70-80€ a night and felt I got great value.

Location was Rey convenient to Amsterdam centraal station and to all the shops / dam square.

If I am in Amsterdam again, I would definitely choose to stay at westcord again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank LCBriz
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Great hotel but was on top floor and all we constantly heard was the flag/flag pole vibrating/jiggling around, very noisy. Also construction going on which prevented nice quiet mornings. Talked to different front desk staff and they really sidnt care! Sorry to say I WOULD NOT stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2011