“SUPERB!”
Review of The Toren

The Toren
Ranked #2 of 371 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Well what can i say apart from absolutely superb from arriving to departing. Myself and my wife stayed here for two nights in the garden room. What started out a nightmare when easy jet decided to send me a text 2 and a half hours before departure that our flight was cancelled so it was a mad rush to book a Eurostar for the journey it was well worth the trip. Upon arrival we were greeted in reception by a very helpful and friendly receptionist when we were brought to our room which was located at the back of the hotel in the room they had left us a bottle of champagne, strawberries and chocolates all complimentary because i had mentioned on the booking form that it was our anniversary.The room itself was out of this world from the mood lighting to the jacuzzi and the smart toilet. The ceiling had skylights that could be opened and we also had our own private patio area. I would throughly recommend this hotel and would say its is one of the nicest friendliest hotels i have ever stayed in full stop. The lunch by the way was superb as well i would give this hotel a 12 out of ten what more can i say apart from the bar and cocktails are wicked too!!

Room Tip: garden room
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JASON F
There are newer reviews for The Toren

Reviewed July 6, 2014

After my original plans for my boyfriend's birthday got ruined by weather, I searched for a place where we could have fun and have a romantic evening. Firstly, staff were very friendly, helped me with my birthday arrangements ( brought my birthday cake and they brought it to the room). I had been arranging it all very last minute and they were immediately involved and very helpful. The room was amazing!!! The service too! When I arrived with my boyfriend who didn't know about anything, all staff played along and made us both feel very special. And the jacuzzi!!!! It was AMAZING!!! We had so much fun because I put some "romantic" incense in the bath but with jacuzzi we got drowned in foam and we ended up having a great foam party:-D It was an experience to remember and I am very thankful to all staff who helped me to create a very special evening for my boyfriend. Thank you!

Room Tip: deffititely a room with jacuzzi, romantic suites are a bit more costly but definitely worth the mone...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2014

The toren is an amazing hotel every time! Never fails to make me feel comfortable and in a great location. The staff is always helpful and is attentive to your needs. The owners are also very nice and make sure you are assured happiness and satisfaction! I will always stay at the toren. The most recent time I was there, it was my fiancées birthday. The owners were so kind and thoughtful to give us a great present in the room a lovely bottle of Moët, strawberries, and chocolates. Thanks again. I will definitely return. Wonderful stay. Pure satisfaction!!

Room Tip: The canal rooms have a wonderful view! But you can't go wrong at the toren!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank C S

Dear Eric & Petra Toren and staff,
It is with great pleasure that we write and thank-you again for the wonderful stay we had at your lovely boutique hotel. My husband's surprise ‘birthday breakfast' of Eggs Benedict was a delightful bonus to our whole experience. We do so appreciate all that you did to make our stay a most enjoyable one. We certainly also appreciate all the extra effort your chef dedicated to create a breakfast to our wishes.
Your staff was always most willing to help with our every need and the room was just a delight, elegant and most comfortable with a very relaxing outside garden terrace.
Thank you. With much appreciation to all.
Warm regards,
Gilbert & Roberta - Naples, Florida

Room Tip: The Junior Suite #107 was a perfect spot with it's own terrace area. Unless you absolutely must...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Hotel located half hour walk (with suitcases) from Central Station. Property elegantly decorated throughout and rooms well equipped and reasonably sized by European standards. Staff in all areas are outstandingly helpful and courteous. We were celebrating our 40th Wedding Anniversary and received a delightful surprise gift of Moet, strawberries and chocolates. Would highly recommend but not cheap.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chez549
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Service A+. Room very small but very clean and good shower. We are discerning travelers and opted for a small boutique hotel for our visit to Amsterdam. We were not disappointed. Very good location, service was second to none. Breakfast included. 10 min walk to train station, 30 to major museums, 10-20 mins to almost anywhere else you'd want to go. We'd stay here again if we return to Amsterdam.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cuzi
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Toren. We had high expectations, which were more than met. We have sought out small, charming hotels in our travels and have had the good fortune to find several hotels in the world’s most enjoyable cities. We look for romantic atmosphere and decor, excellence in service, and convenience of the location to sites of interest and public transportation. We are pleased to add The Toren to our personal list of favorite hotels.

The Toren staff is remarkably service oriented and will take the initiative to cater to your desires.

Room Tip: We suggest the canal view rooms for true Amsterdam atmosphere with luxury appointments.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple