“Fabulous stay”
Review of The Toren

The Toren
Ranked #2 of 375 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed here at the end of November when attending a conference in Amsterdam. Rather than accept the (significantly more expensive) choice made for me by our admin, I chose the Toren after reading reviews on TripAdvisor. I also persuaded another conference attendee to stay here so was a bit nervous about how well it would work out. In fact, we were extremely happy to have chosen to stay at the Toren. Not only were the rooms very comfortable and nicely appointed, and the location perfect for everything we wanted to do, but all aspects of the service were excellent and we were made to feel very comfortable at all times during our stay. Everyone was so helpful that it is a little unfair to single one person out, but I have to say that when I left very early in the morning for the airport I was extremely grateful for the lovely cup of take away coffee that I was provided with before climbing into the cab on a wintry morning. I so enjoyed my trip that after telling my sister about it on my return, she decided to spend a few days there after Christmas. Her experience was similarly excellent. This is a cosy, comfortable, well-run hotel that provides excellent service in what I think is pretty much the best location in Amsterdam.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bronny129
Write a ReviewReviews (2,698)

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Really nice hotel! Great service, great bed, great bath. The location was just perfect! We walked everywhere, even though the winter temps were cold. We had the included breakfast, which was fresh and included a nice variety. The decor is very elegant, yet contemporary. Staff was well trained and friendly. I loved Amsterdam, and I'll return to The Toren when I come back!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jennyox
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Toren made such a great impression on us when we stayed there last winter that it was an easy decision to book again on our second trip to Amsterdam. The staff is very courteous and attentive and the hotel is well kept with a boutique elegance to it. We have stayed in the smaller room and in the delux room with the canal view and both were just as comfortable, clean, and furnished with a grand jacuzzi tub that is the epitome of relaxation after a days worth of walking through the quaint beauty of Amsterdam. This hotel is beautiful, in a great location (a block from the Anne Frank house), and luxuriously comfortable.

1  Thank sgruver
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel location could not be more perfect. Situated on one of the canals on a very quiet street it is 2minutes walk to the city center. Close to everything.
Great room, great service. Wonderful breakfast. Staff is warm and courteous and will go an extra mile to help! We stayed in the second building and have no complains whatsoever.
Highly recommended this place.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed in the Junior Bridal Suite as a splurge and it was absolutely fantastic! Rich, lush, romantic, and completely elegant. The downstairs bathroom was huge and the service from the staff was impeccable. If you are looking for a fabulous location full of old-world glamour, this room is hard to beat. The breakfasts are also wonderful, and the back patio was very lovely.

Room Tip: Be very careful about getting a regular room here, and check photos for size. Some of them are very...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is such a lovely hotel. The location is excellent and the hotel is spotless, really comfy and very beautifully decorated and furnished. The bar is particualry cool.

The staff were great too. I would highly recommend The Toren if you want to stay somewhere a bit special. I was taken for my 30th, and it was a brilliant treat.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at The Torren some years ago and gave it a so-so review. Things have definitely improved since then. We had a room on the ground floor at the back of the hotel which was very quiet (although I suspect it would be a lot less quiet in the summer when people are using the garden). The room was a deluxe but still fairly small but it was clean and nicely decorated and we spent very little time in there. The shower was good and there were nice toiletries. We particularly enjoyed the buffet breakfast. The biggest selling point of the hotel for me is the location: Jordaan is the only area of the city I ever like to stay in as it's both central and beautiful. I would stay again but I wish it wasn't quite so pricey!