“Great hotel in the center of amsterdam!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Toren

The Toren
Ranked #1 of 364 Hotels in Amsterdam
“Great hotel in the center of amsterdam!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

The location is very good near the trainstation and you can reach the whole city by feet! The rooms are clean and warmheartet equippep! We liked also the big whirlpool and the friendly obliging stuff. We also liked that it was possible to have a smoking room!
We recommend this hotel to everyone who wants to spend a great time in amsterdam at the day and relax at night in a wonderful room!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Nathalie-Thomas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (532)
  • Arabic first
Edwardsville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

This was our first trip to Amsterdam but when (not if) we return, we will again stay at The Toren. They had the most pleasant and accommodating staff ever. The location was perfect. My husband and I were close enough to all of the great attractions while feeling somewhat secluded on our quiet street. The design of the hotel was beautiful and luxurious. We can't wait to go back!

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Stirling, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed 3 days. Very good central location, very comfortable and atmospheric, love the old canal houses(even though the stairs are vertical !). Excellent bathrooms, good breakfast and great, friendly and knowledgeable staff - ideal for a short break weekend.

Room Tip: Room 412 is small so if you like space try another
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank 191266Fran
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed for two nights at the Toren and wished we had booked for longer. It is a beautiful smaller hotel on a pretty canal in the centre of Amsterdam. Our room was lovely, beautifully decorated, the bar was fabulous and there were many friendly staff always available to help in any way. It was our final two nights in Europe to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary, we were upgraded and a bottle of champagne (Moet) on ice was waiting in our room. We have travelled extensively and found this attention to detail and generosity remarkable. We highly recommend this special hotel and look forward to returning when we are next in Amsterdam.

Room Tip: We emailed the hotel regarding room size and location before booking. I think all rooms would be lov...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AMF50
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed for 4 days in the Toren after reading some reviews by others. I found the hotel in a quiet area but still within a walking distance to the dam square. Which is just perfect for me as I joined the local tours along the damrak street. The staff were helpful and friendly with information touring the city. Other than including free breakfasts for the 4 days, what surprises me most in all my travels, that when I asked to purchase their luxurious towel with the nice toren logo, the hotel gave me one without charging me. Wow! this is one hotel which knows how to value their customers. I will definitely come back to this hotel if I am in Amsterdam again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank kristal26
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed there in September. The place is amazing. The staff is very friendly and efficient. The hotel has two buildings and we stayed in the second one, after I read Tripadvisor tips saying that the rooms there were more spacious and renewed.
Really, the room was spacious, renewed and very beautiful. The canal view was fantastic.
Wifi was free of charge and worked very well.
The location is very good, quiet, near Anne Franke House and a short walking distance to the main touristic attractions. There is many good restaurants around.
Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Second building (more spacious and renewed rooms); Ask for canal view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Leo_Ilha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have seldom met such friendly staff! And the hotel itself is unique with a family feeling all over it!

When I arrived I could see that the staff really love working there, and they took really good care of me. I have been travelling quite a lot, and the rooms are unique compared to many other hotels in the surrounding. I felt very much at home! Will not hesitate to stay there again!

• Stayed September 2012