“Amazing!”

Ranked #2 of 364 Hotels in Amsterdam
San Francisco, California
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

If you're looking for a nice and CLEAN hotel with super comfortable beds in a quiet area, yet still close enough to the nightlife, this is definitely the place to stay. It's only about a 10 minute walk from Centraal Station (depending on how fast you walk), and within walking distance of Anne Frank's house. This hotel has rooms in 2 separate buildings which are a few doors apart, and we stayed in the building located a few doors down from the main one.

Everything about this hotel was wonderful and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Everyone from the Front desk staff to the housekeepers were extremely hospitable. I will definitely be back upon my return to Amsterdam.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (573)
  • Arabic first
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

My second stay in this charming family run boutique hotel. We had a classy room with canal view in the annex building. This time we had our three year old daughter with us. Last year it was just me and my husband. The staff is very helpful. Great athmosphere and great service. This time we ordered dinner via hotel from Restaurant Christophe (french cuisine, fine dining) to our hotel room and everything went extremely well. The breakfast at the hotel was very good, too. (And we are quite picky vegetarians!) I am very pleased and we will return next year. Thank you!

Room Tip: Canal view is really worth it! The windows are extremely high and you get a beautiful view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank SunshineFinland
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

My friend and I visited The Toren a couple of weeks ago and I cannot recommend this place highly enough! If I was asked to give marks out of ten, I would have to give 15!!
The hotel is beautiful, elegant and charming and the staff are so warm.
Before we went we emailed the hotel to advise them of my dietary requirements,(I am Vegan) and not only did the tell us it was not a problem, but positively went out of their way to accommodate me.I This was a huge bonus for me as being Vegan is too much for some places!! Fantastic start before we even arrive! Upon arrival, (which incidentally was my friends birthday), the reception staff were so friendly and helpful and were aware of her birthday and gave us an upgraded room for free. When we got to our room, which was luxurious and beautiful, with a fantastic canal view, we noticed that they had also put in a letter of congratulations from owners of the hotel and a bottle of bubbly.
All the staff at the hotel really could not do enough for us, talk about made to feel special. Their customer service could not be any better. The food was beautiful, the hotel had arranged vegan butter and vegan milk. They made me the best Latte ever!!
One the evening we were due to leave, the hotel was hosting an event and the Proprietors (Eric and Petra) invited us in! They made us feel so welcome and really looked after us, the only bad thing was that we had to leave that evening! We really wish that we could have stayed.
If you are going to Amsterdam and you want a beautiful, boutique hotel with fabulous food and amazing staff - then The Toren is definately a sure bet. We loved it so much we are due to go back in May.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Maccy030303
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

I could not ask for any better service than we got at this charming hotel. Great rooms, good breakfast, very helpful staff and great location.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank skjoling
beirut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

charming hotel along the canal in a calm area, the rooms are victorian style and the staff are very helpfull

Room Tip: choose a room in the annex part of the hotel where the rooms are a little bit larger , ask for a can...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Bellingham, WA USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

Found my spot in Jordaan. Classical in style, contemporary in amenities. Great location. Wonderful breakfast and well worth the expense. Not far from great bike rental. Even helped me order Thai delivered and it was just perfect. Wonderful staff.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank harveystone