I booked this hotel after a lot of research for a 4 day break with my partner. The most important thing for me is that I found a hotel that was clean and we'll locate - and that's exactly what I got!
After booking, and a few days before arrival, I emailed the hotel directly for their help with getting to the hotel from the airport. I had a very quick and helpful response from them giving me all the options available to us. We settle on the Connexxion Airport Shuttle at €17 each for a single journey. When leaving the airport, if you follow the signs for 'airport shuttle' and look for bay A7, you will see a shuttle that takes you directly to the hotel and only takes around 25 minutes. Another request that was met by the hotel was a quiet room. We were given room 223 and heard no noise at all.
Upon arrival there were around 4 people waiting to check in. Having only one person dealing with this made check in a little slow but when checking in the receptionist was lovely, handing us a map and all the information we needed to know.
Our room was perfect for our needs, not huge but very clean and stylish and after all, it was only for sleeping in! The bathroom was very modern although a little narrow and as with most hotels, there isn't a door on the shower so the floor did get a little wet.
The hotel is located perfectly and we were able to walk to all of the main attractions within 25 minutes. However there is a tram line on the Main Street if needed.
Amsterdam is a beautiful city and this hotel is the perfect base as it's close enough to everything but also far enough away to be out of the noise that goes with it.
Lovely hotel and staff and I would definitely recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The charming boutique Hotel Mercure Amsterdam Centre Canal District is a located close to the Prinsengracht in the Canal Dsitrict. Completely non smoking. This hidden gem is set in a quiet street in the very heart of the city centre of Amsterdam. Shops, restaurants, museums and other places of interest are within walking distance. The Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh- and Stedelijk Museum are nearby. The hotel offers 93 design rooms as well as a Dutch bar, breakfast restaurant and limited private outdoor (paid) parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Venere, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Mercure Amsterdam Centre Canal District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Amsterdam Arthur Frommer Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor Amsterdam Arthur Frommer