The location of the hotel is slightly away from the central square and thats a blessing. This way you are away from the noise and very close to Museumplein and Leidseplein. You are just 10 minutes away from Rijksmuseum.
The service of the hotel was very good. We were given a room on the third floor which is the top most floor and on our first night there was some noise outside the window which was incessant. We mentioned this to the reception the next morning and Amy very kindly arranged for a new room for us- a better room.
The rooms are comfortable, even if a bit small and they had a tea/ coffee machine- which is so handy.
My suggestion for improvement would be that in the second room we stayed- 228- the shower cubicle had no soap stand, so the soap gel had to kept on the ground and not terribly user friendly. Also the food in the hotel is very expensive, so step out and there are many options- all of which are good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The charming boutique Hotel Mercure Amsterdam Centre Canal District is a located close to the Prinsengracht in the Canal Dsitrict. Completely non smoking. This hidden gem is set in a quiet street in the very heart of the city centre of Amsterdam. Shops, restaurants, museums and other places of interest are within walking distance. The Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh- and Stedelijk Museum are nearby. The hotel offers 93 design rooms as well as a Dutch bar, breakfast restaurant and limited private outdoor (paid) parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Mercure Amsterdam Centre Canal District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Amsterdam Arthur Frommer Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor Amsterdam Arthur Frommer