NH Carlton Amsterdam
Lloyd Hotel(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$104
$88
2,714 results
All reviewsflower marketgreat locationsuperior roombit datedrembrandt squarecentral locationred light districttram stopmuntpleincafeseuropestopsdamdutch
Reviewed May 7, 2014

it was pleasant in terms of friendly staff and location. but it needs a thorough overhaul - manky plaster on the walls, generally unkempt. could be fantastic with some tlc. decor very dated, needs work

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 7, 2014

The hotel is in a prime location and the desk staff were courteous and efficient. Some rooms might be four-star, but mine on the seventh flour definitely wasn't. Plaster came off the wall and closet broke.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2014

This is a 1 1/2 star hotel at best. The dirtiness of the hotel room, the poor quality of bedding and linens, the carpet and overall condition was greatly lacking. Do not stay at this property, a BIG ripoff for the money. There are plenty of other nice hotels to stay in the area that are much better quality for the same money.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Although this hotel is in a good position, our room had globes. Issuing in the bedroom and bathroom, the bed lamp was broken and there were cigarette butts on the floor of the balcony. To top it all off, the elevators didn't work for many hours.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Just returned from a stay at this hotel last week for King's Day. The hotel is in a great location...right smack dab in the middle of everything. The room we had (511) was pretty good. The decor is very dark and dismal though. Lighting is bad in the room. The air wasn't working that well but the party I was traveling didn't like the room too cool with airconditioning. The bathroom was nice. We had a beday (didn't use that thing though LOL). No shower curtain..just a half glass to keep the water from splashing out on the floor. The window swings open nice and wide which gave you a great view of the street life below and beautiful architecure in the area.

The disappointing thing that many have noted on TA that were in the hotel at the same time was that the elevator(s) (or lift as they call it) were mostly non functional. It's as if they turned them off or something because they're were 3 of them and at random times they might work during the day but had previously had a sign on them that said broken the same day. The pattern would be the same the next day as well. So for the whole 6 days that I was there the elevators were pretty much intermittently working the whole time. That forced us to use the tiny service elevator which could only hold a certain amount of weight. 4 average people may or may not be able to ride together in the elevator because of this restriction. I will agree, that the back stairs area was pretty filthy but I guess I overlooked it until I saw the review from another traveler on here and it was wall brought back to memory. I didn't eat in the restaurant but I hear the buffet breakfast was pretty good. I would definitely stay here again despite all that has been said because the hotel and room were very nice.

The staff was pretty helpful in telling us how to get to the sites in the city. Oh, they won't change the sheets but once a week per our maid (she made an exception for us after we laughed and talked with her a bit). The room was dusty but couldn't remember if it was like that upon check on or if I discovered that 4 days into the trip after having the window up a lot. I mean I am sure there are better hotels in the chain and we saw several within walking distance but all in all it wasn't that bad. The hotel was sold out so that says something........again it was the King's Day celebration. It was my first European trip so I don't know what I was supposed to expect. When in Rome do as the Romans I guess (or in this case Amsterdam LOL)

It was pretty expensive in general considering the elevators were non functional. Like I said, I don't know if this is how Europeans live or what so I wasn't going to complain. I'll keep this in mind for Paris and compare the experiences.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends