Hilton Amsterdam on Apollolaan - July 2014
Spectacular: July 2014
I am a Hilton diamond member. I have been fortunate enough to experience many interesting Hilton properties. The Hilton Amsterdam is one of the best Hilton Hotels that I have ever experienced.
We arrived at the Hilton Amsterdam on Apololaan at approximately 9:30AM, which was earlier than we expected. Upon checking-in at the reception desk, we were offered free breakfast in the hotel's Roberto restaurant.
We enjoyed a terrific buffet breakfast on the restaurant's terrace. The quality of the food is superb. The restaurant staff was extremely cheerful, and helpful. They made us feel welcomed, and feel as valued guests in their hotel.
The hotel restaurant is beautifully laid out. The staff is welcoming, attentive and most importantly friendly. The quality of the food is wonderful!
The hotel lobby is open, and bright, and beautiful, and spacious.
Every time we walked by the reception desk the staff greeted us cheerfully, by name. This was greatly appreciated.
The hotel room itself was fabulous, exceptionally clean and comfortable. The bathroom was fully appointed with fluffy robes and slippers, and large thick towels.
Terrace and Canal:
The back of the hotel is as beautiful, or more beautiful than the front of the hotel. The back of the hotel is on a scenic canal. The stepped terrace has beautiful seating for dining, or enjoying the serene environment with drinks, while watching canal boats glide along. The hotel has a private marina where various vessels docked.
The rooftop executive lounge is wonderful. Everything is complimentary. Delicious Dutch specialities are hot, and the beer/wine is chilled on ice. Spirits are also available complimentary, I prefer Belgian or Dutch beer over hard-drinks. The sofa seating is very comfortable.
The Amsterdam tram is a short two-block walk from the hotel to the Apollolaan tram stop. Tram tickets are conveniently available in the hotel's gift shop. The museums are only two stops away from the hotel. The world famous Van Gogh Museum, and other museums, are very walkable from the hotel. You can reach the Anne Frank House via tram.
Chef Paul walked through the restaurant greeting everyone at breakfast. He took the time to sit with us and explain the offerings and the preparations. The Chef is from Los Angeles, and has been in The Netherlands for 30+ years with Hilton. The experience with Chef Paul was wonderful! I will try to include our photo with Chef Paul.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Hilton Amsterdam hotel, famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 'bed-in for peace.' An ideal base for exploring the city, this Amsterdam, Netherlands hotel boasts easy access to some of the most exclusive shopping streets, traditional cafes and famous local attractions. Take advantage of the hotel's proximity to Amsterdam's main business district. Host your conference or executive meeting in one of 21 versatile meeting rooms and relax while professional planners take care of the details. Stay productive with modern equipment in the business center and enjoy WiFi throughout the hotel. Unwind in a spacious and contemporary guest room or upgrade to an Executive room and enjoy exclusive access to the stylish Executive Lounge, offering complimentary refreshments and a 360-degree view across Amsterdam's spectacular skyline. Relax with a massage in this Amsterdam hotel's health club featuring a sauna, steam room, whirlpool, and solarium. Re-energize in the fitness center with the latest modern equipment. Admire stunning views of Amsterdam's renowned canals and unwind with a local beer in Half Moon Lounge, with style based on designs by Ralph Lauren. Enjoy elegance and experience while dining on innovative Italian cuisine in the award-winning Roberto's Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hilton EMEA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton International