From the outside the hotel looks quite dated, but it must have been in its prime when Lennon and Ono spent their Honeymoon sitting in their presidential suite. Sadly we did not get upgraded to the presidential suite, but our room was fine. It faced the canal, had a comfortable queen bed, and was very clean and comfortable. We took the train into Central Station and took a taxi to the hotel, which was about 10-15 min ride.
What I liked about the hotel is the staff are so friendly and outgoing. Our breakfast was included and we had access to the Executive lounge. The executive lounge is small and not the greatest compared to most other executive lounges but it was still a nice small space to enjoy a glass of wine in the evenings. The breakfast has the usual Hilton breakfast offerings but what made breakfast a sheer joy was the bright, cheery service of the staff. One morning, the chef walked around offering Prosecco to us. That was an unexpected and welcome surprise, and a great way to start the day.
The hotel is located next to a health club. If you are gold/diamond member, it is free, but I think you may have to pay to use it otherwise. The gym was larger than most hotel gyms and had the usual free weights, machines and bikes/treadmills. Their Finnish spa and sauna were very relaxing and a great way to end a workout.
It is about a five-minute walk to several different trams and buses that go into town. I ended up taking the tram once. The rest of my five day stay, I just walked everywhere - 15 min walk to Van Gogh Museum, 5 min walk to the nearest street full of cute cafes, stores, restaurants, etc. If I go back to Amsterdam, I would definitely stay here again. It is a more quiet location than anything near Central or in the middle of the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Hilton Amsterdam hotel, famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 'bed-in for peace.' An ideal base for exploring the city, this Amsterdam, Netherlands hotel boasts easy access to some of the most exclusive shopping streets, traditional cafes and famous local attractions. Take advantage of the hotel's proximity to Amsterdam's main business district. Host your conference or executive meeting in one of 21 versatile meeting rooms and relax while professional planners take care of the details. Stay productive with modern equipment in the business center and enjoy WiFi throughout the hotel. Unwind in a spacious and contemporary guest room or upgrade to an Executive room and enjoy exclusive access to the stylish Executive Lounge, offering complimentary refreshments and a 360-degree view across Amsterdam's spectacular skyline. Relax with a massage in this Amsterdam hotel's health club featuring a sauna, steam room, whirlpool, and solarium. Re-energize in the fitness center with the latest modern equipment. Admire stunning views of Amsterdam's renowned canals and unwind with a local beer in Half Moon Lounge, with style based on designs by Ralph Lauren. Enjoy elegance and experience while dining on innovative Italian cuisine in the award-winning Roberto's Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Hilton EMEA, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton International