The exterior of the property reminded me of an older building but don't let the skin fool you, the interior and the hotel itself is very nice.
The area where this hotel is located is outside of the downtown Amsterdam area. It is a 15+ minute trolley ride to town but given it's idyllic location, right in the middle of an affluent area of the city, I'd choose this property again.
Check in was quick, the staff very friendly. I was upgraded to a canal-view room on a high floor and was impressed by the city and water views. This is a beautiful area. The room was cozy, slightly smaller than your typical U.S. room but definitely large for a European hotel. Wood paneled walls and darker colors gave the room a nice, warm feel. The king-sized bed was comfortable and I was given a nice selection of pillows from which to choose. A large flat screen TV, a nice desk area, and your typical amenities were all present, leaving me wanting for not much really. Complimentary water bottles, still and sparkling, were provided as well. The bathroom was small but everything was clean and well kept. The step up into the tub was high - something to consider if you are short, frail, or otherwise unable to navigate the step into and out of the tub. I would be worried about my mother trying to get out of the tube with wet feet.
There is an excellent patio bar that faces the canal. I enjoyed a beautiful evening out there with colleagues over a few drinks. Service was slow but that didn't take away from the late summer evening. The patio is arranged in a terrace fashion, with chairs facing the canal, so the views were just fine.
An Italian restaurant is attached to the restaurant - a delicious place to have dinner though the prices were on the steep side. The HHonors lounge is on an upper floor with outdoor views though it is small. One morning I woke up early, before the lounge opened, and I was directed to another restaurant inside the hotel for breakfast. The buffet there surpassed the lounge though a large tour group getting ready for their foray into the city had the noise level up quite a bit. Regardless, I would choose this over the lounge for breakfast any time.
The Hilton Amsterdam is an excellent choice for those willing to travel a bit to the tourist sites but they will be rewarded with an incredible canal location and quite, beautiful neighborhood.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Hilton Amsterdam hotel, famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 'bed-in for peace.' An ideal base for exploring the city, this Amsterdam, Netherlands hotel boasts easy access to some of the most exclusive shopping streets, traditional cafes and famous local attractions. Take advantage of the hotel's proximity to Amsterdam's main business district. Host your conference or executive meeting in one of 21 versatile meeting rooms and relax while professional planners take care of the details. Stay productive with modern equipment in the business center and enjoy WiFi throughout the hotel. Unwind in a spacious and contemporary guest room or upgrade to an Executive room and enjoy exclusive access to the stylish Executive Lounge, offering complimentary refreshments and a 360-degree view across Amsterdam's spectacular skyline. Relax with a massage in this Amsterdam hotel's health club featuring a sauna, steam room, whirlpool, and solarium. Re-energize in the fitness center with the latest modern equipment. Admire stunning views of Amsterdam's renowned canals and unwind with a local beer in Half Moon Lounge, with style based on designs by Ralph Lauren. Enjoy elegance and experience while dining on innovative Italian cuisine in the award-winning Roberto's Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton International