What did we enjoy:
Location: 25 mins from City Center by tram - 5 mins walk to the tram, which runs very frequently. The area is a leafy suburb and very quiet - compared to city center - for us this was good news.
Room: very good - spacious, clean, everything we needed - good view over the canal and city south.
Lounge / Bar: with canal views, brilliant alfresco dining - great food - smaller meals are available, well presented as one would expect from the Hilton.
Facilities: we could find everything we needed - including advice !
Staff: in general were excellent - efficient and friendly .....but.......
Our only disappointment was the service we received from one waitron - I want to make it clear that we are not commenting on the person involved - he served us on two occasions - once on the canal lounge and once at breakfast - we noticed that he struggled with the very basics of service - not understanding what was required. After breakfast I asked the 'supervisor' if he was 'under training' and yes, it was only his 2nd week - I asked if he had completed his basic training with the Hilton and was surprised to hear that, no, he had not been on any training courses - just pushed out onto the floor !
I feel very sorry for this young guy, starting out on his career, to be put into a 4/5 star hotel and told 'see what you can do'. Surely the Hilton should prepare their staff for service before letting them enter service ? - I suggested this to the 'supervisor' who commented ' yes - that would be a very good idea'
I would not expect the Hilton to subject a new employee to the rigors of service without the necessary training - would appreciate a response from Hilton.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Hilton Amsterdam hotel, famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 'bed-in for peace.' An ideal base for exploring the city, this Amsterdam, Netherlands hotel boasts easy access to some of the most exclusive shopping streets, traditional cafes and famous local attractions. Take advantage of the hotel's proximity to Amsterdam's main business district. Host your conference or executive meeting in one of 21 versatile meeting rooms and relax while professional planners take care of the details. Stay productive with modern equipment in the business center and enjoy WiFi throughout the hotel. Unwind in a spacious and contemporary guest room or upgrade to an Executive room and enjoy exclusive access to the stylish Executive Lounge, offering complimentary refreshments and a 360-degree view across Amsterdam's spectacular skyline. Relax with a massage in this Amsterdam hotel's health club featuring a sauna, steam room, whirlpool, and solarium. Re-energize in the fitness center with the latest modern equipment. Admire stunning views of Amsterdam's renowned canals and unwind with a local beer in Half Moon Lounge, with style based on designs by Ralph Lauren. Enjoy elegance and experience while dining on innovative Italian cuisine in the award-winning Roberto's Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton International