I am a Hilton Honners gold card member, used points both stays, upgraded free of charge both times to the wonderful executive floors/lounge, and consider this hotel to be the program's best delux value in Europe for points . For others it is lovely place for a room with included breakfast. The hotel does not hold back on the complimentary upgrade unless full in our experience. The breakfast included w/your room is all that you see out and so much more: any barista drink at your table or at the adjoining bar if it is crowded and you wait for a table (only happened once in a total of 8 ), special juice-try carrot w/orange, the friendly chef who is out and about will make you eggs/omelet to order. Be sure to try the little Belgium waffles w/ that marvelous caramelized baked edge. If you are more into view and less into breakfast and have been upgraded take it roof top(2yrs.ago this was available and think it still is), but much less choice available, but also includes barista/open courtesy bar.
Rooms are quiet, comfortable beds, nice decor,average size, tub/shower,complementary water and ,coffee/tea, free WiFi. Beware the tub is high and deep and as a tall senior woman w/arthritis used it w/caution holding on to the nearby sink sink getting in and out. The best: they have a pillow menu and will get you what you need. The front desk, and the young bellman that sometimes works the concierge desk, the wonderful waitress from Italy in Roberto's where breakfast is served, the lounge hostesses, the welcome each day all make for a wonderful stay.
I love the views, the lovely safe very upscale neighborhood on the canal to walk (free bikes and umbrellas). We really enjoy the friendly hotel college interns that staff the lounge, and the fact you can talk to them and learn about their country when they are not busy. We like the quantity and selection of good hot and cold food/drink items available plus the nightly served or help yourself to anything you want to alcoholic or not. I don't think the nightly party is on the weekend. Nice place to go to eat, drink, check email, visit with other guests.
We buy the tram pass pass at the airport, and from the Hilton there are stops in each direction a few blocks away that will get you anywhere you want to go quickly and safely. Buy a transfer to the airport for a reasonable 35 euros I believe, from the Hilton concierge- great big cabs w/vetted Dutch drivers. From the airport take only the official Dutch taxi or the shuttle buses, the latter is cheaper but cramped and will not take you if you have more than one suitcase per person as we did when I made inquiry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Hilton Amsterdam hotel, famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 'bed-in for peace.' An ideal base for exploring the city, this Amsterdam, Netherlands hotel boasts easy access to some of the most exclusive shopping streets, traditional cafes and famous local attractions. Take advantage of the hotel's proximity to Amsterdam's main business district. Host your conference or executive meeting in one of 21 versatile meeting rooms and relax while professional planners take care of the details. Stay productive with modern equipment in the business center and enjoy WiFi throughout the hotel. Unwind in a spacious and contemporary guest room or upgrade to an Executive room and enjoy exclusive access to the stylish Executive Lounge, offering complimentary refreshments and a 360-degree view across Amsterdam's spectacular skyline. Relax with a massage in this Amsterdam hotel's health club featuring a sauna, steam room, whirlpool, and solarium. Re-energize in the fitness center with the latest modern equipment. Admire stunning views of Amsterdam's renowned canals and unwind with a local beer in Half Moon Lounge, with style based on designs by Ralph Lauren. Enjoy elegance and experience while dining on innovative Italian cuisine in the award-winning Roberto's Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton International