I read many of the reviews here before making plans to stay at this hotel and I just completed a 5 night stay. I can't agree with any of the negative comments I have read and I was thoroughly impressed with this hotel which is located in a great neighborhood and yet convenient to everything, just a nice walk or tram ride away. The hotel is not in the city center, and that is to its advantage. From the outset I should state that I am a Hilton Diamond member and I realize that affords a level of benefits which were excellent.
However for those thinking about this hotel (or any other hotel) one most consider the overall property, the staff, the rooms, the ambiance, the location and the neighborhood and the context of the hotel within the city of Amsterdam. On all those counts this is a wonderful property and a great place to stay.
The hotel is located a short tram ride or about a 20 minute walk to the museums and Amsterdam is a very walkable city and we enjoyed both the trams and the walk. The hotel is also a very short distance from a wonderful park- Vondelpark - and you can also rent bicycles from the hotel which is also fun, and you feel like a native. The park is less that a 5 minute bike ride and it's a great opportunity to explore another side of the city.
As for the hotel, the service was excellent, staff was helpful, the restaurant for breakfast was amazing (free for diamond members) as was the executive lounge. Our room on the eighth floor was spacious and had a wonderful view. We found out you can buy transit cards (for the tram) in the gift shop which was very helpful.
What we liked best about this hotel was its location which is in a very nice and quiet residential area. It's a short walk to the trams which can take you anywhere, but Amsterdam is a very walkable city and it's a nice walk to the Museumplein if you decide to do that. There is also a small park right across from the hotel, but my recommendation is make it to Vondelpark on foot or preferably by bicycle.
Just a tip which might be helpful, for those arriving or departing by train the Schiphol Airport train station might be a better option than Centraal Station.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Hilton Amsterdam hotel, famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 'bed-in for peace.' An ideal base for exploring the city, this Amsterdam, Netherlands hotel boasts easy access to some of the most exclusive shopping streets, traditional cafes and famous local attractions. Take advantage of the hotel's proximity to Amsterdam's main business district. Host your conference or executive meeting in one of 21 versatile meeting rooms and relax while professional planners take care of the details. Stay productive with modern equipment in the business center and enjoy WiFi throughout the hotel. Unwind in a spacious and contemporary guest room or upgrade to an Executive room and enjoy exclusive access to the stylish Executive Lounge, offering complimentary refreshments and a 360-degree view across Amsterdam's spectacular skyline. Relax with a massage in this Amsterdam hotel's health club featuring a sauna, steam room, whirlpool, and solarium. Re-energize in the fitness center with the latest modern equipment. Admire stunning views of Amsterdam's renowned canals and unwind with a local beer in Half Moon Lounge, with style based on designs by Ralph Lauren. Enjoy elegance and experience while dining on innovative Italian cuisine in the award-winning Roberto's Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton International