Myself and my wife stayed for one night in August 2012. We had a night in Amsterdam before moving on to The Hague. We choose this hotel above the Doubletree by the station due to price. Normally this seems an expensive hotel but we got a good price so we gave it a go. I am fortunate to be a Diamond Hilton Honors member it made sense to make use of the fact this hotel has an Executive Lounge too. We were upgraded to an Executive room over looking the canal on a high floor so we had a great view across the city to the old town. The hotel is older than most Hiltons I have stayed in but it's modernised and has a grand open entrance and reception area. It's a very stylish hotel. The Executive Lounge was different than I have been before on top of the hotel in a glass sided room. It was small and I can image at rush hour for breakfast in the morning it may be to crowded, but it was fine for us on this particular occasion. We had breakfast in the main breakfast area and we could not fault the choose and quality. The location of the hotel is a bit out of the main city areas but we used the tram to get to the main station and worked our way back to the hotel via the main tourist areas so don't let this put you off this hotel.
The highlight to me was a concert in the gardens over looking the canal. We had a drink at the outside bar and watched a short Opera on a warm summers night. It was a real memory on a lovely summers evening.
Overall I liked this hotel and would recommend this place to anyone who is considering a stay in Amsterdam. The John Lennon and Yoko references mean this hotel has a history. We are glad we choose the Hilton Amsterdam as it was good value and the Beatles sung about it so can't be bad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Hilton Amsterdam hotel, famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 'bed-in for peace.' An ideal base for exploring the city, this Amsterdam, Netherlands hotel boasts easy access to some of the most exclusive shopping streets, traditional cafes and famous local attractions. Take advantage of the hotel's proximity to Amsterdam's main business district. Host your conference or executive meeting in one of 21 versatile meeting rooms and relax while professional planners take care of the details. Stay productive with modern equipment in the business center and enjoy WiFi throughout the hotel. Unwind in a spacious and contemporary guest room or upgrade to an Executive room and enjoy exclusive access to the stylish Executive Lounge, offering complimentary refreshments and a 360-degree view across Amsterdam's spectacular skyline. Relax with a massage in this Amsterdam hotel's health club featuring a sauna, steam room, whirlpool, and solarium. Re-energize in the fitness center with the latest modern equipment. Admire stunning views of Amsterdam's renowned canals and unwind with a local beer in Half Moon Lounge, with style based on designs by Ralph Lauren. Enjoy elegance and experience while dining on innovative Italian cuisine in the award-winning Roberto's Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hilton EMEA, Agoda, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton International