Such a very nice hotel. With choice of two very nearby trams you can be in heart of Amsterdam within 15 easy minutes, older building but is very tastefully appointed to feel fresh but light. Situation on canal with a green terrace along the private small marina is wonderful.
Did not try the restaurants but as HHonors Diamond was upgraded to highest floor and access to Executive Lounge which is the nicest I've experienced yet. Wonderful foods throughout the day but especially a gracious and graceful breakfast and an enjoyable evening reception. Nice views of the city from the Exec Lounge, too.
The concierge staff was extremely helpful and genuinely friendly, treating my unremarkable presence with as much attention as they did to the businessmen and dignitaries.
The check-in was very efficient and friendly and, as our room was not quite ready, we were sent to the Executive Lounge for coffee and fresh snacks for the hour wait. This was fine since it was raining and we'd just come from the Thalys train and needed a bit of a decompression time.
Did not use the fitness facility, which is an additional charge if you are not a Gold or Diamond with HHonors, but looked around and it seemed quite comprehensive and up-to-date.
The wireless internet was quick enough and reliable enough for my and my sister's needs. This, too, was free as a Diamond but would have been the usual European charge of around 20+ Euro per day.
I would be reluctant to pay for a stay here but as a points redemption for a vacation I think this is the obvious choice in The Netherlands. You will not be disappointed for the bang for your points, especially if you are Diamond with Hilton HHonors.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Hilton Amsterdam hotel, famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 'bed-in for peace.' An ideal base for exploring the city, this Amsterdam, Netherlands hotel boasts easy access to some of the most exclusive shopping streets, traditional cafes and famous local attractions. Take advantage of the hotel's proximity to Amsterdam's main business district. Host your conference or executive meeting in one of 21 versatile meeting rooms and relax while professional planners take care of the details. Stay productive with modern equipment in the business center and enjoy WiFi throughout the hotel. Unwind in a spacious and contemporary guest room or upgrade to an Executive room and enjoy exclusive access to the stylish Executive Lounge, offering complimentary refreshments and a 360-degree view across Amsterdam's spectacular skyline. Relax with a massage in this Amsterdam hotel's health club featuring a sauna, steam room, whirlpool, and solarium. Re-energize in the fitness center with the latest modern equipment. Admire stunning views of Amsterdam's renowned canals and unwind with a local beer in Half Moon Lounge, with style based on designs by Ralph Lauren. Enjoy elegance and experience while dining on innovative Italian cuisine in the award-winning Roberto's Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton International