My wife and I stayed at the Amsterdam Hilton from August 31 to September 4, 2011. The hotel is outside of the downtown area, easily accessable by tram or bus. The hotel is very well maintained and the staff are very attentive and helpful.
As Hilton Honors Gold members we were upgraded to an executive room with executive lounge access, we were also given access to breakfast at Roberto's the upscale restaurant in the hotel. The lounge is located on the top of the hotel with nice views but is small not cozy, not really a place to hang out in like some lounges. Breakfast in Roberto's was fantastic!!
The staff is very helpful. We simply asked at the front desk if we could see the John & Yoko suite and they called someone to show us the unit - we did give him a little help for his tour and taking pics.
The hotel obviously caters to upscale travellers. There was an Aston Martin and Maseroti in the parking lot during our stay. Also, it seems that there was a business luncheon or dinner every day.
Overall a very nice hotel in a very nice part of amsterdam. For what it is worth, to get downtown you walk about 2 blocks to catch the tram and it will take you directly through downtown. Best bet - buy a multiple day pass.
Here are some pics from our trip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDULeGowbzs
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Hilton Amsterdam hotel, famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 'bed-in for peace.' An ideal base for exploring the city, this Amsterdam, Netherlands hotel boasts easy access to some of the most exclusive shopping streets, traditional cafes and famous local attractions. Take advantage of the hotel's proximity to Amsterdam's main business district. Host your conference or executive meeting in one of 21 versatile meeting rooms and relax while professional planners take care of the details. Stay productive with modern equipment in the business center and enjoy WiFi throughout the hotel. Unwind in a spacious and contemporary guest room or upgrade to an Executive room and enjoy exclusive access to the stylish Executive Lounge, offering complimentary refreshments and a 360-degree view across Amsterdam's spectacular skyline. Relax with a massage in this Amsterdam hotel's health club featuring a sauna, steam room, whirlpool, and solarium. Re-energize in the fitness center with the latest modern equipment. Admire stunning views of Amsterdam's renowned canals and unwind with a local beer in Half Moon Lounge, with style based on designs by Ralph Lauren. Enjoy elegance and experience while dining on innovative Italian cuisine in the award-winning Roberto's Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton International