“Very nice restaurant”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Hertfordshire
“Very nice restaurant”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Very nice restaurant located very close to Leidesplein and Vondel Park. on the 1 and 17 tram route. Excellent value main courses and starters although deserts could have been more varied mostly ice cream based.

Service was good and we decided to book again for the following night which was equally as enjoyable. The Gentleman serving on the the second night was excellent and made the night more personal with nothing too much trouble.

Visited February 2014

Seattle, Washington
“A great find and two memorable dining experiences”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

How happy I was to discover this restaurant while walking along the northeast end of Overtoom (I stayed at the opposite end, at the "Overtoomse Sluis" tram stop). I dined at Peper & Zout on Friday, Dec. 6th and again on Monday, Dec. 9th and I could not have been happier with my experiences.

From the warm welcome by the server and the proprietor to the superb food and the professional, attentive service throughout, this restaurant was a wonderful surprise!

Culinary highlights: delicious beet salad, wild boar pâté and breast of pigeon on my first night. On my return visit I had the baked filet of Dorade (with crispy skin), which was perfect. I could not have hoped for the dish to be better.

Plus the prices were very reasonable for food of this quality. I was quite impressed overall.

I returned to Seattle on Dec. 10th and I miss Peper & Zout already! I look forward to returning one day.

• Visited December 2013
Llantwit Major, United Kingdom
“Pleasant meal in neighbourhood restaurant”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We were recommended to this restaurant by the receptionist in our hotel, and felt pleased to have followed her advice. This is clearly a popular place with locals. Although we got a table at 7.30 without a reservation, it filled up straight away, and had we been very much later, we should have been disappointed. Both the food and wine were very nice. Good quality meat cooked with care, and home made tasty puddings. Ambiance urban but not pretentious.. Staff friendly. Service not rapid, but just when I was beginning to wonder where my next course had got to, there it was.
My husband thinks this timing about right. Would return, confident in having an enjoyable evening meal.

• Visited November 2013
Kenilworth, United Kingdom
“High quality food”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This small, family run restaurant on the main drag into Amsterdam, just along from our hotel (Filosoof), provided us with a delightful meal. The ingredients are all locally sourced and very fresh. I had Carpaccio of Beef to start followed by duck which was perfectly cooked and delicious. Others in our party had Wild Boar Pate, Soup and Venison, all equally good. The house wine was acceptable too. I certainly recommend this restaurant to anyone staying in the Vondelpark area of Amsterdam.

• Visited October 2013
Fort Lee, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Super Find”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Walking a few steps from our hotel (Hotel Espresso), my wife and I happened upon this restaurant and were astounded by the high quality of the meal and the friendly service. I ordered a pork chop which was as tender as I have ever had while my wife had a fillet of steak done to perfection. Service was highly professional and personal. In conversation with the manager, we found out that his wife is the chef and the waitress is married to the sous chef, so a family affair all around. We enjoyed our meal so much that we returned 2 days later for our last meal in Amsterdam. Highly recommend a visit.

• Visited September 2013