“Not what I expected” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tapas Restaurant L 'amour

Tapas Restaurant L 'amour
Ranked #2,610 of 3,725 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Centrum
scotland
“Not what I expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

I'm sure you will find much better Tapas resturants in A'dam, its busy ,sitting on a corner site and a place to sit outside in the sun and people watch and relax .I"d say its more of "on the tourist route" than a place to seek out and eat .I sat had a couple of drinks and some Tapas ,which were ...just ok, nothing special ,and average .Not the place to go for a special meal , for a drink and some tapas yes .Friendly staff , good and quick service .Its not that bad , however it could be much better .

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank ab2pcs

Thunder Bay, Canada
“Worst meal ever ... in case you missed the last review.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

Just really, reallly felt this deserved re-iterating ... don't ever waste your money or your time by eating at this establishment. They should have been out of business ages ago.

Visited April 2012
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Worst restaurant experience ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

I have travelled to many places, and have worked in the industry for years, and I have to honestly say that my experienece this weekend and Tapas L'amour has to be one of my worst experiences ever. While I can appreciate that it was a very busy weekend (Queen's Day 2012), this is by no means any excuse for the appalling service and quality (or complete lack there of) of food we received. I can say that it is by far the worst meal I have ever been served. Service on being seated at the restaurant was virtually non-existent. It took more than 15 minutes to flag down a server. Once successful, we ordered food and drinks. Drinks came quilckly, but after this, it was all down hill. Food finally arrived. We then had to flag down a server to request napkins. Also, mayo and ketchup for chips - it appears we could only have one or the other. The grilled chicken fillet was harder and tougher than the sole of my shoe. It was virtually inedible. The club sandwich had tasty meat and cheese, but there was no butter or mayo or anything to add a bit of moisture to the sandwich - so it was dry beyond belief. Once served, nobody came by the table. It was not even possible to flag a server down. Nobody cared at all whether we were enjoying our meal or if there was anything we needed. It was more than 20 minutes after finishing our meal before we could get anyone's attention. We asked (via sign language from afar) for our bill. Before the bill arrived, someone else finally came by to clear the dirty plates and approached the table with two thumbs up asking "everything was great?" ... to which I replied "No", and that it was possibly the worst meal I had ever been serverd. The servers first response was surprise, and then replied that "Well, you must eat pretty well then." I was dumb struck. When I explained that the chicken was so dry and that it seemed like it had been cooked hours earlier and simply re-heated, all he had to offer was that maybe they needed to find another chicken supplier. After passing on our complaints/comments to management, he returned to say there was nothing that they could do, though the kitchen could cooks us more chicken. Absolutely unsatisfactory. It was my worst dining experience ever. If you read this, and opt to try it yourself, you do so at your own peril. Don't ever say you weren't warned. This is one business that does not deserve to be in business! Amsterdam would do well to shut this place down (it really, really was this bad!!!).

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank R K
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Just Fine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2012

We had been working all day at a nearby venue, wanted something quick and easy and a couple of beers.
The service was quick and friendly and the special offers made the experience great value.

But to cap it all we were then given complimentary drinks to finish off.

4 meals, 4 beers - 62 Euro.

Pretty dam good! (pun intentional)

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Montreal, Canada
“Stay away!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

The place was very dirty (tables were sticky, we should have left when we noticed but we had already ordered at that point), the servings were so small we went to eat somewhere else after (and we did not order Tapas! we ordered salads and sandwiches) and I was asked to pay for water (they refused to give tap water, the waiter said it's a restaurant and they want to sell and not give away things). Also, we were asked to pay for mayonnaise (we got two little bags like in a fast food place). When we dared to complain the waiter asked where we were from and then yelled at us that he only works there and that we can talk to the owner if we want. We said that we have no intention of doing that, we are telling him and it is his choice weather to tell the owner or not, so he said he will not say anything. We just left.
The experience was almost traumatic. Do me a favor and don't go through what we went through. My only comfort is that I'm warning other people from this horrible place.

• Visited October 2011