“Amsterdam hospitality”
Review of B & B Alexander

We can't find prices for this accommodation
B & B Alexander
Ranked #137 of 340 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We recently had the pleasure of staying at Janneke's B & B in Amsterdam. It was a wonderful experience. The house is in such a lovely neighbourhood; the room was very comfortable. We made use of the kitchenette which was handy for preparing snacks. Janneke prepared the most delicious breakfast every morning and she was able to accommodate my gluten free diet. I would recommend this B & B for its true Amsterdam hospitality!

Room Tip: The purple room on the first floor was like having a suite.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 14, 2012

I was looking for a place to stay that was not a large chain hotel. I immediately thought of a B&B. There are so many in Amsterdam, so I thought that I would start with an area that I knew was safe and nice. That helped a little, but I still got a lot of b&b's. I tried hard to research all of them, but time was running short. I found this one and I have Zero regrets. Staying here is like you are staying with family (without the drama, but you do have to pay before you go...don't worry, the cost is very reasonable!). Anyways, facilities are very clean, extremely close to good food, shops, etc. I really don't know what else to say, except, it's doubtful you will be disappointed. Please understand, this is a person's house that you are staying at, so don't expect an elevator or middle of the night room service. You also won't be earning any frequent flier miles either, but you will get friendly, personalized service from someone who cares about your stay.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rybr
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I feel very lucky for selecting this place on my vacation. I think it is one of the best B&B in the city. First of all, cleaning and privacy was very important for me. We stayed with my husband on the first floor which whole floor was belonging to us. We had nicely decorated wide bedroom, kitchenette (including tea, coffee...), wc and the bathroom. In addition, it is located in the museum quarter that most of museums are in walking distance. And if you take number 5 tram on the main road, it takes about 10 minutes to go to city center, dam square. Lastly, the owner of the house, Ms.Jannekke was very kind and helpful lady, and she prepared a rich and delicious breakfast to us. If one day, I go back to Amsterdam, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Selyy
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We had a pleasant stay at B&B Alexander easy reachable either from the airport or from the train station. Location is perfect, we walked all over town from there. The owner was very helpful, communication was fast and efficient during reservation. Our room was also great :spacious and clean. Would come back without hesitation.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2012

A lovely old house in a good location near The Concertgebouw.
We stayed in a beautifully furnished large room, with a balcony, on the first floor.We had sole use of a small kitchen and a bathroom down the corridor.Touches like the welcome wine and chocolates were much appreciated.
Breakfast was served in Janneke's own charming lounge/dinning room and was excellent and very well presented.
Janneke was most welcoming and helpful and we felt like house guests.
Would definitely recommend this little gem and stay there again.

Room Tip: Front rooms are probably cooler and have the advantage of a small balcony.The road is quiet and nois...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank lyndah7
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stayed there for for 3 days. We were made to feel very welcome and at home. Janneke is a very friendly lady and the house and room were fabulous. It is very well located so easy access to all the attractions. Will definitely stay there again if we go back to Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Stairs are very steep so if you have a problem with stairs, choose the back room downstairs.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Helenhockley
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The B&B is in the Museum distric, a quiet but very central district ( just 5 minutes walking from Leidesplein). The landlord, Mrs Janneke ( i'm sorry if i spelled wrong) is friendly, helpful and very very kind with us. we booked a twin bedroom with bathroom that was just amazing! Our room was on the third floor ( stairs are quite steep as in all the old houses in Amsterdam), it was squeaky clean and luminous. On our floor there was also a kitchenette with everything you need to make your own coffee or tea. Breakfast was excellent too, croissants, all kind of bread, ham and cheese and above it all a home made raspberry jam!!!!
definitely a good place to stay!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends