New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Cheap and cheeful” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Budget Hotel Tourist Inn

Budget Hotel Tourist Inn
Ranked #17 of 221 Specialty Lodging in Amsterdam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Shanghai, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

The room is not clean enough, lots of dust on the floor, i stayed two nights and feels like my lung gets sick...
When they do the clean, the whole hostel smells so bad, my lung suffered again.
But the location is great, and btw the guy on reception is kinda hot, so..... 3 stars , could not be more.

Las Pinas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

It is excellent for the location but expensive for a budget hotel. The staff are helpful. However ther is much to want in this hotel. It is a happy joint because most of the guests are young people. If you want a quiet hotel thisis definitely not for you. The many alleyways leading to dorm type beds could be a fire hazard. The toilets have a smell of spolied urine. The beds are not kept clean. You have to bring your valuables with you because the hotel didnt give an impression that it is safe to leave it there. If I had more money I wouldnt come back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Dont choose a room near the street because its always noisy. If you have more money to spare dont st...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Porto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I enjoyed a lot this place. I stayed only 3 nights because it was full the other 3 days, so I had to check another place to stay. In this hotel you can only count with the basic things, don't expect nothing more than that! But considering hat you're in Amsterdam, it can be a very good option, specially if you just want to sleep, meet some people and enjoy the environment.
First day I stayed in a four bedroom and I was lucky with the other people who stay in the same room. I was not so lucky in the second day!

Anyway, there are individual rooms (that's really good) and twin rooms... if you book in advance you can get a good room and more private in a very nice hotel.
The staff is very helpfull, the breakfast was really good (considering the price we are paying), everything was in general clean, the bathrooms are a little small but look nice and the decoration of the hotel is very cosy... I think I can say that it's a modern styule, you will enjoy it!

good thins:
- location (very near the center and district light)
- price and comfort
- environment (young and respectful)

bad:
- very small bathrooms

Room Tip: Try to book a single room or twin.. In some cases you can have your own bathroom, which is very good...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank InesPontes
Manila
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have been travelling now for over 3 years and never had such a bad hostel experience !

We returned to the hostel after a day out to find all are belongings gone. Our lockers (which had been locked) where wide open and new random people on our beds. When we went to reception it was explained to us that they had decided to give the room to someone else. The staff had gone though all our personal belongings (cash, credit cards, passports, dirty underwear etc) and packed our bags for us. They failed to tell us in the morning that we needed to move to another room, never bothered calling or emailing and no note on the door to see reception so we wouldn’t freak out. Just all our belongings dumped in plastic bags at reception.

The situation was made a 100 times worse by staff. This was honestly some of their responses –

“oh didn’t you realise all the hostel’s in Amsterdam are bad”

“I don’t really care I only work here 9-5”

“no I won’t pass on your complaint it’s not my job”

“I would have called but most traveller’s don’t carry a phone so I didn’t bother, Oh maybe I did- must of dialled the wrong number”

“no u can’t speak to a manager”

On top of this the rooms were small, bathrooms dirty, and lots of street noise. The bathrooms were also dirty.

Terrible place that doesn't deserve you money

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
glasgow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

i love this place. cheap, chearful and cental. shower could have had a wee bit of a extra clean n the bedding not to my royal standard but enjoyed myself to much to care. staff are lovely and helpful. thought breakfast would be more but still nice

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank eddncaz
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

This place is a very short walk from Centraal Station and is very easy to find. It is perfect in terms of location, everywhere is a short walk or tram ride from this hotel.

Yes, it is a budget hotel but I found it to be a very clean and extremely friendly place. It was pretty much somewhere to leave our stuff and sleep, we didn't spend much time here but that is not a reflection on the hotel, we were just out exploring a lot.

I would recommend this place for a cheap stay in a very cool city. If you want 5* then pay out for it, but if you just want a decent base then this place is ideal.

I can't say what breakfast is like as we ate out all the time.

The room was clean, the bathroom was spotless and the safe worked to keep our valuables stored away.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in an en suite roon which was not that much more expensive. Nice view of Spuistraat from t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends