“Excellent!”

Ranked #29 of 3,853 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Diner, Dutch, International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Jordaan
Description: A family owned bistro where we serve nice dishes with a good quality - price relation in a friendly atmosphere. We serve here the "worldfamous" (anyway in Amsterdam) Sticky Toffee Pie and home-made Limoncello.
Stuttgart, Germany
“Excellent!”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

We wanted to try the Sticky Toffee Pie and it was superb. A warm caramel sheet of glaze draped a piece of moist cake. Yes, cake. Yhe dessert was topped with hot almond slivers. It was simply wonderful and melted like butter in my mouth. Service was firt rate and the restaurant is a softly lit, inviting place. We will certainly visit again when in Amsterdam.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Quite expensive but worth it!”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

The atmosphere and service in here is great as it's so friendly and small. I was so tired the first night we got there so we called up and rearranged for the next night and they were absolutely fine about it and booked us in for the next day!

The menu isn't big but there's something you're bound to love. We had the tuna steaks which were in soy sauce with sesame seeds which were tender and lovely. I tried the sticky toffee pie and creme brulee for pudding; both which were incredibly yummy.

For 2 mains adn 2 desserts with a bottle of wine, it came to 80 euros, so if you're looking for a luxurious meal at a cute family owned restaurant then defo come here, it's lovely!

• Visited April 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AMAZING”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Just perfect, its a family owned restaurant with a lovely environment, all the family work there and the food is amazing! A must-go

Malmberget
“Really good food and service!”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Business trip to Amsterdam and we found this good restaurant on Trip Advisor. We booked it on the internet and got a quick reply for the reservation.

Excellent food (we took todays specialls e.g.), perfect sea bass (best sea bass I had for a long time)and nice starter with schrimps. Friendly waitress who where really warm and welcoming!

I will go back to this 5 star restaurant as soon as I return to Amsterdam!

Visited April 2014
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Best meal I've ever had”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Romantic atmosphere, amazing food. My main meal came before my starter, they had forgotten. When I told them they brought out a bottle of wine for myself and another for my company, complimentary to the food. Had such a lovely evening.

• Visited May 2013