“simple but super”

Ranked #30 of 3,858 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Diner, Dutch, International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Jordaan
Description: A family owned bistro where we serve nice dishes with a good quality - price relation in a friendly atmosphere. We serve here the "worldfamous" (anyway in Amsterdam) Sticky Toffee Pie and home-made Limoncello.
Sway, United Kingdom
“simple but super”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

This was a fabulous experience right from the start. The restaurant is small, obviously very popular and I had originally booked for two. However we had a late addition and when I called up they told me they were full but would sort something out, which they did. It was undoubtedly one of the best restaurants I have visited with a real cozy ambience. The food was excellent and the service quick and friendly. Pricing was spot on and expected for that level of restaurant. Definitely will be returning there in the near future.

• Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“5 star & more”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I found this restaurant recommended on trip advisor and booked a table for 6 people for Saturday 7th December after reading through the amazing reviews.
The restaurant itself looks like someone's living/dining room with a bar. Run by father and daughter team, Frans and Cleo, they couldn't have looked after us anymore. Cleo helped us with our choices, as we couldn't decide on our starter, she recommended the sampler which consisted of a little bit of everything. Parsnip soup, salmon, goat cheese with sundried tomato, beef carpaccio, veal, olives, prawns, mini bread roll, tuna wrapped in cucumber and more. It was delicious! Our mains were steaks for 4 and venison for 2. The venison I'm told was gorgeous and our steaks all cooked to perfection, medium rare? medium? not a problem. (In the past, in a steak restaurant we've had to return our steak, sometimes more than once!). I recommend trying the steak with black truffle sauce, heaven! We shared desserts of sticky toffee pudding, creme caramel and the mouth watering chocolate pudding with the melted chocolate centre (my favourite)!
Each meal has a wine recommendation and we went through two bottles of the Simonsig, Z-Af, pinotage. Thank you Cleo for the limoncello and for looking after us so well!
I highly recommend trying Valming eten and drinken and if I was to go to Amsterdam again, I wouldn't eat anywhere else!
Very close to Anne Franks house and we planned it so that it fit well with our itinerary.

Visited December 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
“simplicity at it's best”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

My mum and I ate here last night while on a girly shopping trip. I cannot recommend it highly enough. The service was fantastic - friendly and helpful without being intrusive - and the menu was simple and tasty. I would really recommend the 'small bites' starter and the burger is possibly the best I have ever tasted! My mum's main was really tasty but a little overcooked, but having noticed she had not cleared her plate they politely enquired was everything ok and proceeded to offer a glass of Limóncello and also took the cost off the bill (more than generous in our opinion as frankly it was a minor complaint). The décor was warm and cosy and it was just generally a fantastic night. If you want well priced, delicious food in a comfortable atmosphere - this is the place to go.

• Visited December 2013
London, UK
“Absolutely excellent”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

From the moment we stepped in and were greeted by name, we fell in love with this place.

Service was absolutely top-notch, attentive but not overbearing and nothing was too much trouble. The food was delicious and the portions just right. The simple menu made deciding easy and the prices seemed fair for what you got.

We ended up so full the only thing we could think of doing afterwards was going to bed!

This restaurant really deserves it's place among the top in Amsterdam.

• Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Simple but really great - and amazing wine”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

really amazing hands on service - genuine homecooked food and super menu. superb amsterdam style of dining - small restaurant great ambience etc etc..... there are 2 x locations we ate in the second smaller one, large groups should go to the other one.

• Visited November 2013