“A really great treat”

Ranked #28 of 4,085 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Diner, Dutch, International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Jordaan
Description: A family owned bistro where we serve nice dishes with a good quality - price relation in a friendly atmosphere. We serve here the "worldfamous" (anyway in Amsterdam) Sticky Toffee Pie and home-made Limoncello.
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We booked for a meal here by e mail in advance and it is obviously a very busy and popular venue. Quite a small place and located a little out from the centre. People were waiting at the bar for tables. Lovely and friendly service, excellent food and a limited choice of dishes ensured that all was really fresh. Goats cheese roll was a good choice. The shared platter looked good (like an afternoon tea served on a 3 tier stand). I had the veg risotto (sublime) and my fellow guest had a delicious angus steak. I tried the home made limoncello liqueur and the sticky toffee was good too. The side dishes big and good value. It's not cheap to dine here, certainly not expensive in Amsterdam standards but well worth every Euro. Thanks for a good night.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I made a reservation based on TA reviews weeks before I left the U.S. and it was well worth it. The host who I assume is one of the owners is a gregarious very friendly fellow who speaks perfect English. My wife had what I believe was a special of the day which was a seared Tuna. I had the Black Angus steak with a blue cheese sauce. Both were excellent. The house wines were good and reasonably priced. For dessert, it was the first time we had what I assume is an Amsterdam/Netherlands specialty: Sticky Toffee Pie. What a great dessert for someone with a “sweet tooth”, which we both have. My only minor complaint was that our server was sort of a shy young lady who didn’t check in with us on a regular basis for more wine or coffee. Several times we had to wave her over, even though we were eating early and the restaurant wasn’t crowded. But I’m sure she’ll get better and I would return to this restaurant in a second the next time we’re in Amsterdam.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Did not book so expected to be let down, but they allowed us to sit at the bar (which suited us fine). Really well looked after and meal was superb, could not have asked for more. Only a small place but big welcome.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

We went to this restaurant on a Saturday evening and were delighted with the ambience, the engagement of the hosts and the food was simple yet finished excellently.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Last week we dined here and had a wonderful experience. We made reservations in advance for two at 630 on a Monday night and ended up being the first patrons. The food was very good and tasty but what impressed me most was the welcoming atmosphere and cordiality extended to us. You could walk by the spot and not notice it but if you do not enter you will be missing a charming dining experience. My favorite dinner of the week that we spent in Amsterdam.