“City tour with Gerk”

Holland Personal Tour Guide
Ranked #87 of 419 Tours in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover Amsterdam and Holland with your own Private Tour Guide! Ready made, or tailor made Private (half) Day Tours. Pick up and drop-off at hotel in Amsterdam. Tourprogram can be adapted to your wishes. No need to hurry, no need to worry. Personal service, for reasonable prices! Guests Favorate Private Day tours:- Windmills & Traditions(cheese, windmills, clogs)- The Hague & Delft,- Palace Garden & Orchids farm,- Kröller Müller Modern Art museum and Sculpture Garden,- Friesland Tour(tour round the former Suydersee)- Tulips & windmills (tour in Springtime)Half Day Walking Tour in Amsterdam. Learn all about history and today Amsterdam. Visit the higlights, and the quiet places For booking, information and availibility: please visit my website.Hope to meet soon!Gerk Kazemier Holland Personal Tour Guide
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Huhu :) we, my boyfriend(19) and me(18), went to amsterdam for one week and made a tour with Gerk and it was perfect! :) it was a pleasure to listen to him because he seemed so vivid in telling the storys :) highly recommended !

1  Thank FriederikeJohanna

Reviewed February 19, 2014

This is the way to understand and see Amsterdam; it's history; why the hidden churches, the houses; why are they so narrow/tall/leaning, the different districts; how the city expanded; when, why, the people; their attitude and so much more. My husband and I booked our half-day tour for our first morning in Amsterdam. What a brilliant idea!! Gerk Kazemier was so knowledgeable and personable. His tour allowed us to hear and see the history of Amsterdam, never dull, this guide certainly knew his stuff. For the remainder of our short stay we have some knowledge to take us around the city, plus, our many anticipated photographs will mean so much more.
Thanks Gerk.

3  Thank Petersueoliver
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I was in the Netherlands for 8 days, but was stuck at the hotel most of the time due to weather and catching a cold. So I decided to go with a Personal Tour Guide. Since I was a single traveler, I had to book for two people to take advantage of the tours Grek offered. I thought the money I spent was well worthwhile. Grek is a very nice and honest tour guide who takes you to places that you probably can't figure out on your own. I really wanted to see the Dutch traditional culture, lifestyle far from big cities, and that's exactly what his tours offer. I highly recommend Grek to anyone, and I will definitely utilize his tours next time I visit the Netherlands. The scenes I saw, and the good memories he created for me will stay with me for long.

3  Thank amirforman
Reviewed November 21, 2013

My husband and I spent a wonderful day with Gerk Kazemier visiting Delft and The Hague. Gerk is delightful, informative and organized. True to the name of his company, Holland Personal Tour Guide, he made certain that our tour met our specific needs and interests. His recommendations for viewing the artwork in the Gemeentemuseum in The Hague enhanced our experience, and his walking tour of Delft brought to life the history of this beautiful little town. Gerk's knowledge and obvious love of The Netherlands, along with his ability to customize your tour and build upon your interests, makes touring with Gerk an experience not to miss.

2  Thank Dale G
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Like the reviewer before me, I was a single traveller and I booked two days with Gerk Kazemier in early October: Private and Personalized Day Tour and Traditions of Holland Private Day Tour, both from Amsterdam. As stated, Gerk was very organised, punctual, professional, friendly and extremely informative (it's worth noting that he's a former headmaster of a Dutch school, so expect to be "schooled" on all things Dutch!). Unlike the previous reviewer, we had no "agreed itineray;" instead, I left my Private and Personalized Day Tour in Gerk's hands and he did not disappoint. I saw parts of the Netherlands that many likely don't see and which ended up being the highlights of my entire trip to the Netherlands (it's definately worth the time to drive way north into Friesland where you will really get a sense of the country's small village charm and history).

Loved riding in the font seat of his Prius - bird's eye view the entire day! As noted, the car was comfortable and clean, and the driving was safe. And I saw all I wanted to see in the two days I toured with Gerk (while the Traditions of Holland Tour, day 2, stayed closer to Amstedam, Gerk, nevertheless, still managed to find places that the more commercial tour buses just drove right by - to their loss; beautiful, working fishing villages, and the inner workings of still-in-use windmills - surprisingly very cool!). After touring with Gerk, I would never consider big-bus touring; there's just no way the experience would have been even close to what Gerk's private tours provided (especially the Dutch history lessons). And, I agree with the last reviewer, the price was very reasonable as well (even with the two person minimum for a single traveler!). Overall I, too, highly recommend Gerk as your personal tour guide in and around Amsterdam. (And if he takes you to Freisland, take the time to go into the town halls each village has; they're very intersting, full of history and even have museums featuring local historical items! Really gives you a sense of the place you're in.)

Most people travel to Amseterdam and maybe see parts of Holland while they're there; thanks to Gerk, I can say I've seen the "Netherlands!" (By the way, Gerk keeps a "working" pair of wooden shoes deep in his car trunk for gardening - how authentic is that!)

Thanks Gerk. See you next time!

Visited October 2013