1,412 results
All reviews business district zuid station city centre business hotel club room schiphol airport train stop excellent hotel business trip duty manager minute walk hotel is located comfortable rooms public transport easy access quiet location number tram
Reviewed October 19, 2017

Everyone wants to be in the centre of Amsterdam. This hotel is located in what you could call the financial district. A lot of people and activity in daytime, but not so busy in the evening.
The hotel is a ten minute tram ride av away from the city centre, and if you can stand that - Crowne Plaza South is a good choice. Modern, clean rooms and decent restaurant and bar.
What has impressed me is the friendliness and the general service level. Every modern comfort you could wish for is here. I'd rather stay clean and modern than picturesque in centre with far less comfort.

Room Tip: I have no good advice since the view from the windows has not been a priority of mine.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
CPSouth, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam South, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2017

Dear Steffan,

It is very nice to read how you have enjoyed our staff friendliness and overall service levels! We strive to make every stay special.

Although we are indeed not directly in the center of you have discovered how easily you can reach the lively center by public transport. I hope you have enjoyed the city and we are looking forward to welcoming you back!

Warm regards,
Dax - Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

I took my three daughters and my mother to celebrate her 75th Birthday we got a great weekend rate for club rooms. The hotel itself is in the business district but so easy with the trams to get into town

The bedrooms are lovely with nice touches individual sleep mist and balms.

Upgrading to club standard is so worth it as you can see from my photos you can have a light breakfast, drinks and snacks all day. We met a great mix of people here and the staff were brilliant.

The hotel does have bikes on site for hire we had a happy half day heading into the city. There is a good gym onsite.

Highly recommend.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
CPSouth, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam South, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2017

Dear LouGlenister,

What an amazing review have you left for us; thank you very much for these very kind words. It is a joy to see we have been able to make your, your mothers and daughters' stay so enjoyable!

Thank you once again for taking the time to write this great review and hopefully we can welcome you back soon.

Warm regards,
Dax - Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed October 15, 2017

I had to re-review this property due to my last feedback; that wasn't a great review due to certain issues. However why I was prompted to provide the 2nd feedback is due to the promptness and immediate attention I received when I raised my concern to one of the managers Mr. Dax. He listened to my views in breakfast table on next morning and him & his superior all went extra mile to give me personal attention and care so I feel welcome and special.

Yes it is a great property, rooms are spacious, breakfast is good ....but overall the staff work hard to keep the property look like new and go extra mile to make guest feel awesome. Things can go wrong as we live in real world but how quickly staff and manager react to make it better is what matters and this place scores high on that.

Well done and thanks to Mr. Dax. I forget the other supervisor who spoke to me personally but he was good too.

The distance of this hotel is little out ....but in Amsterdam good n tranquil place matters to me a lot.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
2  Thank Shankar P
CPSouth, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam South, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2017

Dear valued guest,

We appreciate you have taken the time to review your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam- South for the second time.

It has been a pleasure for us to learn that during your recent visit, the hotel has met your expectations and that you were able to have a successful trip while enjoying the hotel’s facilities. We highly appreciate the feedback concerning our staff in the hotel, and specifically our Guest Relations Manager, Dax. Compliments like these are a great motivation for all of us to continue to strive to deliver excellent service. On top of that it is great to know that you experienced the sincere passion of our staff members to assist our guests into making their journey into a success.

We are grateful that you took the time to inform us about your stay and look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed October 14, 2017

very calm hotel - good design and service provided was very good i am recommand this hotel . the room was cleaned and receptionnists were very good and professionals.
However breakfast was quite basic compare on our past experiences but overall the service was very good.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback. I am glad to hear that you have very much enjoyed the design, clean rooms and the service offered by our Reception team.
Moreover, we have passed on your feedback with regards to the breakfast to our Food and Beverage Manager for further improvement.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Amsterdam - South.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

This hotel has everything you need. The rooms are modern, clean and have everything you need. Lots of nice little touches like pillow spray just set it above other hotels. The Club Lounge is great with a really nice cheese board during happy hour. The staff are all amazing and really friendly and efficient.

The hotel is easy walking distance from the RAI.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam-South on Tripadvisor. It is fantastic that you enjoyed the room but more important that you experienced the sincere passion of our staff members to assist our guests into making their journey to a success. Positive guest feedback is a great motivation for all of us to continue to deliver excellent service.

Thank you again for your rewarding words and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us soon.

Kindest regards