“It is an amazing place in a lovely neighborhood!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amphora Apartment

Amphora Apartment
Ranked #25 of 217 Specialty Lodging in Amsterdam
“It is an amazing place in a lovely neighborhood!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed at this b&b in july 2011, not short after it appeared! From the first moment I loved everything about it- the bed, the interior, the surroundings -Jordaan is one of the most beautiful areas of Amsterdam. The hosts were very friendly and attentive to our needs. It was my 1st impression of Holland and it could not be better! There I learned typical dutch word 'gezellig' and it was indeed gezellig to stay at Amphora. We still keep the little pieces of mosaic which we got as souvenirs. I am happy to read all the great reviews now after 2,5 years and I am even happier to add mine.

It has been 2 years since I have moved to Holland, but I still hope that there will be an opportunity to stay at Amphora b&b!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Анна З

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

It was raining when we visited Amsterdam but that was only a minor inconvenience largely because we stayed at Amphora. The B&B is in a great location, close to all the major sights and we needed umbrellas only for relatively short distances -- the umbrellas and raincoats were gracefully provided by Amphora (Thanks, Greet!). Several major tramlines are just a short walk away and there are many good restaurants nearby.

The room is cosy and well laid out. It was warm and comfortable enough for my wife and I plus our two kids and I reckon for it'll be very spacious for a couple. The bathroom is small but functional with beautiful mosaic artwork. Considering that the apartment is at ground level by a canal, it was really quiet at night and we all slept soundly the three nights we stayed, even when we left the windows ajar. The bed and pillows were comfy and our kids had no complaints about the sofa bed.

Greet stocked up the fridge, and was generous with the food, coffee, etc. Somehow, it felt really good knowing that the B&B owner was not trying to cut costs but instead, made sure we got everything we needed. We did not need to visit the grocery shop but there was one nearby. The guidebook in the apartment contains useful information including how to access the free wi-fi, and maps were available.

Best of all, it didn't cost me an arm and a leg especially in an expensive city like Amsterdam. Wished we would have stayed longer. :-)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank adrian_vic
Valencia, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I recomend this apartment to anyone who looks for a cosy, nice and well situated place. Having the kitchen with all the stuff to cook was very handy for us given that there was a supermarket quite close to make our main meals even to get our sandwiches away with us. So there was no need of having meals out if we did not feel like as it normally happens travelling with kids.
I must mention owners hospitality as an extra point to stay here indeed.

Room Tip: there is one room
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Mpintado
Ayr, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a 3 night break in Amphora B&B in October 2013. Clean, spacious and well equipped canal-side accommodation. Handy for buses and trams. Greet and Niels the perfect hosts. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SteveyBhoy7
Cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I can easily say this was one of the best places I have ever stayed in and since my return home I have been recommending this place to everybody. Without the comfort, attention to detail and warm welcome from Greet & Neils made this a holiday to remember.
I stayed here with my mum & aunt. We arrived late in the evening to be welcomed with a lovely bottle of wine and a great recommendation for a restaurant nearby. The fridge was stocked with fresh milk, juice, pastries (fresh from the oven), ham, cheese, bread...and so much more! Greet made brilliant recommendations for markets, apple pie, restaurants...making our stay in Amsterdam a home-from-home.
I would without recommend this place to anyone...and I would stay there in a heartbeat if I got the opportunity again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Michelle O
Sheerness
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

This is my second review of Amphora. I can't improve on my first one nor on those below. You, dear reader, have believe us, it is absolutely amazing. The place, the hospitality and friendship of Greet and Niels... It is an unforgettable treasure. Bench outside for smokers, and no bloody stairs. :D

Pops UK.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank akaPops
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We choose this B&B for a short break in Amsterdam to go and see a concert at The Melkweg. This is a lovely little place in a really nice area away from all the hustle and bustle but still a short walk from some great places. The Anne Frank house is a short walk, as is the Saturday Market, the Van Gogh museum is within walking distance or a very short tram ride.

From the outset we were made to feel very welcome and there was food and wine waiting for us in the room to welcome us to the place. Greet was very helpful when going through the details of the apartment and the surrounding area even helping us find somewhere nice to eat on the Friday evening.

I will definitely be looking at staying here next time I am in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple